Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: CueluxPro v1.3.85  (Read 8432 times)

February 07, 2015, 03:28:54 PM
Read 8432 times

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
CueluxPro v1.3.85 is now available from ftp://haarlem.visualproductions.nl/releases.

Code: [Select]
/****************************************************************************************
 * RELEASE 1.3.85
 ****************************************************************************************/
Release Date  : 2015 February 7
New Features  : - Elation MidiconPro midimap improved
                - 'Shift' button controls fine tuning on programmer wheels.
                - Amber colour attribute is now part of RGBWA mix.
                - Paste cue is now inserted at position of selected cue (in stead of end).
                - Enable confirmation dialog for VisualTouch buttons
Solved Bugs   : - Clearing UDP and OSC port number in options caused a crash.
                - OSC task identifier could not be set to IP 0.0.0.0
                - Monitor menu did not correctly show outgoing UDP messages.
                - In some situations on Windows no CueCore devices were detected.
                - Status menu tab buttons were not saved properly in the options file.
                - Position Speed fader in Programmer sometimes did not work.
                - Dumped recordings were in some cases not seamless.
                - Dump dialog could still give 'too large' warning even when the number of
                  recordings had been reduced to enlarge the memory.

We welcome your feedback!
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

February 08, 2015, 04:24:01 PM
Reply #1

AxelF

All seems to work fine.

One thing:

My lighting computer runs under normal user rights. So I must elevate the rights when I start the installation.

After the installation has finished, I get a dialog box with a checkbox to start cueluxPro. If I do so cueluxPro is started with the elevated rights from the installation. That causes that the show file is not found.

I must close cueluxPro and start it again. Then it works fine. Please start cueluxPro with the standard rights after installation.

Furthermore it is NOT useful to use another installation folder with each new version.

Regards
Axel

February 10, 2015, 11:43:08 AM
Reply #2

ST-Tom

Hi Maarten,

There is something wrong in this release with outgoing UDP messages,
they're not working anymore.
The UDP output monitor shows they're sent on port 8000,
while I've set my UDP port to 5000 @ options/communications/UDP
Downgrade to 1.3.82 solves the problem (for now).

A other problem which has been there for a while...
For whatever reason the Identifier of my OSC and UDP cues changes to strange port numbers.
Impossible the change back to 0.0.0.0 in releases before 1.3.85,
but even in 1.3.85 it's hard to changes this back.
To do this I need to delete the port number (using backspace),
then change the MSB 0 of the IP address to 1 for the identifier to get valid and than change this but to 0,
else I'm not able to click "OK".

« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 11:49:38 AM by ST-Tom »

February 16, 2015, 06:36:04 PM
Reply #3

bart sliggers

Major bug; Playbackfaders no longer control the size of the shape of the movements.

in 1.3.83 this worked just fine.

February 18, 2015, 10:34:35 AM
Reply #4

bart sliggers

I encountered several occasions in which my entire config was empty after a restart.  :-\ (Mac)

1.3.85 and 1.3.82

February 18, 2015, 11:11:41 AM
Reply #5

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
Major bug; Playbackfaders no longer control the size of the shape of the movements.

hi Bart,

It seems to work fine when I try it. Can you please verify there is no other attribute stored inside the cue as well? (So only a FX and no intensity for example).

Tx
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

February 18, 2015, 11:42:16 AM
Reply #6

Maarten Engels

• Administrator

hi Tom,
It seems to work fine when I try it. Please note that the UDP port @ options/communication is a setting for the incoming UDP messages (I have now changed the value's label to "Incoming UDP Port").
The outgoing port is specified together with the IP address in the action-task. That is why you have to add a port number to the IP address in order for the dialog to accept it. (e.g. 192.168.1.10:7000)

When you leave the task's IP address to 0.0.0.0:0 the UDP message will be sent to all the addresses in the "Ouput IP UDP" list @ options/communication.

cheers,
Maarten
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

February 19, 2015, 12:58:36 PM
Reply #7

bart sliggers

It seems to work fine when I try it. Can you please verify there is no other attribute stored inside the cue as well? (So only a FX and no intensity for example).

Tx

The cue contains a position ánd a movement FX attribute. The cue comes from a palette, maybe that is related ?

February 20, 2015, 07:40:22 AM
Reply #8

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
If both the Position and the Position-FX attributes are present inside the cuelist then the playback-slider is assigned to the size of the Position-FX. Referencing the values from a Palette should not make a difference.

I gave it another try but still I was unsuccessful in reproducing the issue.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

February 20, 2015, 01:24:23 PM
Reply #9

Boyd Nijsten

• www,guusvandenakker.nl
If both the Position and the Position-FX attributes are present inside the cuelist then the playback-slider is assigned to the size of the Position-FX. Referencing the values from a Palette should not make a difference.

I gave it another try but still I was unsuccessful in reproducing the issue.

Any thoughts of when we can espect the feature to chose what parameter is controlled by the fader?

February 23, 2015, 12:49:18 PM
Reply #10

bart sliggers

Freshly created playbacks don't seem to have this issue, so I cleared the playbacks and re-recorded the existing palettes into them.

That fixed the issue. Spooky sh!t.

Additional info:
Speed of fx in the palette is set to zero because I control the fxrate of the playback  with an action.
Movement fx attribute precedes position in palette.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 02:39:25 PM by -bart- »

February 23, 2015, 12:55:06 PM
Reply #11

bart sliggers

1.3.82 keeps looking for updates although the checkbox has been turned of, I can't tell if this has been fixed in 1.3.85

February 24, 2015, 09:39:04 AM
Reply #12

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
1.3.82 keeps looking for updates although the checkbox has been turned of, I can't tell if this has been fixed in 1.3.85

Thanks for the heads up. We have now fixed it in the code. The fix will appear in v1.3.88.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

February 25, 2015, 10:47:52 AM
Reply #13

ST-Tom

hi Tom,
It seems to work fine when I try it. Please note that the UDP port @ options/communication is a setting for the incoming UDP messages (I have now changed the value's label to "Incoming UDP Port").
The outgoing port is specified together with the IP address in the action-task. That is why you have to add a port number to the IP address in order for the dialog to accept it. (e.g. 192.168.1.10:7000)

When you leave the task's IP address to 0.0.0.0:0 the UDP message will be sent to all the addresses in the "Ouput IP UDP" list @ options/communication.

cheers,
Maarten

Hi Maarten,
It looks like the whole construction of a UDP cue has been changed.
In previous versions parameter 1 contained the IP address and parameter 2 the command,
in this release the identifier was become the IP address and parameter 1 the command.

Tom

March 09, 2015, 08:12:49 AM
Reply #14

bourby

The release notes say the generic midi map is updated, can we get a document for this midimap?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk