Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Multiplying ArtNET outs  (Read 2207 times)

April 22, 2015, 05:47:03 PM
Read 2207 times

Marek_WDLUX

Hello,

i am currently working on my installation when i'm using 1 cuecore to control Elation's Pixel Bars 40.
http://www.elationlighting.eu/en/pixel-bar-40.html
and a control node:
http://www.elationlighting.eu/en/pixel-net-4.html

In planning stage of this installation, i've just checked that there is enough DMX channels on CueCore for controlling my bars, but here is my problem:

I have 12 bars - each bar has 120 channels
I have 1 pixel net - it behaves like an artnet node, it has 4 outputs (power+data) and you can hook up MAX 4 units on each output

Each output of the pixel net is one artnet universe - output 1 listens to the universe 0.0, output 2 is uni 0.1 and so on

But i want to split the total number of 12 bar to two 6 bar groups and let the to the same, so what i am asking for, is if cuecore can mirro these two artnet universes to some other two.
I want to have 4x3 bars in 1-4 outputs of the node, cuecore console generating content on universes 0.0 and 0.1, but also to broadcast these to universes 0.2 and 0.3

Only solution that i came up with, is to have a computer running VVVV and some basic patch, that will copy these to universes to some other, but you know... computers and permanent instalations :/

Any ideas please? Dont mind looking for elation manuals, there is no info, they are useless

April 23, 2015, 10:25:09 AM
Reply #1

Jurriën de Klerk

• Visual Productions
Hello Marek,

I am not sure if I understand your question right, but I think that the main problem is that a CueCore can only send out "1 universe to 1 universe", i.e. if you select universe 0.0, then this is the only universe the CueCore will send art-net to. Thus selecting universe 0.0 and 0.1 is not the problem but the duplication is just not possible.

What you could try, is the use a second CueCore which receives the first set of universes and then sends this out over the second set of universes. I am not sure, however, if this will result in a delay, so this is something you should try out.
Good luck,

Jurrien
Jurriën de Klerk
Visual Productions BV

April 23, 2015, 11:34:00 AM
Reply #2

Marek_WDLUX

using another cuecore just for that isn't possible, because of the budget :/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk