Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Fixture Function problems with Cuety  (Read 1223 times)

May 10, 2015, 04:57:04 PM
Read 1223 times

Nigel

Hi,

I'm new to the Cuety and I can't understand how to access the functionality of a fixture (I only have one so far - I'm waiting for Personality files for the other equipment).  The device in question is the American DJ Inno Spot Pro which has a wealth of functions (see Specifications here) and is included as a standard fixture with the Cuety.

The problem is that when I look at the functions available in the Edit menu here...

...only some of them actually seem to do anything.  The results of testing seem to show the following:

2D position grid - Works fine
R - No slider/doesn't work
G - No slider/doesn't work
B - No slider/doesn't work
A - No slider/doesn't work
W - No slider/doesn't work
l? (Cannot read label because it's so small) - Controls brightness
S? (Cannot read label because it's so small) - Controls strobe
Col - Controls colour wheel position/speed
Go - Slides but doesn't seem to do anything
Rota - No slider/doesn't work
Prism - Slides but doesn't work
Focus - Slides but doesn't work
Iris - No slider/doesn't work
Frost - No slider/doesn't work
Fog - No slider/doesn't work
Custom1 - No slider/doesn't work
Custom2 - No slider/doesn't work

Can you help me?  Am I doing something wrong or is the Personality file incorrect in some way?

Regards,
Nigel
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 06:20:12 PM by Nigel »

May 15, 2015, 04:03:53 PM
Reply #1

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
hi Nigel,

The GUI controls found at the bottom of the Edit screen represent all the fixture-attributes that are supported by Cuety. Depending on which fixtures you have currently selected in the Edit screen some attribute-controls will be enabled and others will be disabled. Only the attributes supported by the selected fixture(s) will be enabled.

In your case you select the Inno Spot Pro; this fixture has a wheel with several fixed-colours. Therefor the 'Col' slider is enabled and the R, G, B, A and W sliders are not. The RGBAW sliders are used for colour-mixing fixtures like the Inno Color Beam Quad 7 from ADJ.
Likewise, the Iris, Fog and Custom sliders are disabled because the fixture does not feature those attributes.

Now, something does seem to be not completely right about how Cuety handles this fixture. You say the Go (Gobo) and Rota (Gobo Rotation) sliders do nothing. It should though and I will look into this to try to figure out what is going wrong. Let me come back to this in a few days.

best regards,
Maarten
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk