Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: ioCore "sleep-mode"  (Read 2456 times)

May 27, 2015, 12:51:35 PM
Read 2456 times

ChrisVDB

I am using IOCore with pushbuttons.
I notice that if I dont push a button for a longer time (20 minutes or longer) IOCore often fails to register the first button push, looks like it enters some sort of sleep mode.
After that missed first push, all button pushes register normally.
This is a very annoying behaviour, as in quiz shows and such the buttons are often not pushed for a longer time.

Is this a known issue, and is there a fix for this? I don't see any "power-saving" setting in the control panel.

I noticed this on an IOCore with firmware 1.30 pcb 1.04

June 03, 2015, 04:17:17 PM
Reply #1

Jurriën de Klerk

• Visual Productions
Dear Chris,

The IOCore has no sleep mode. If you mail me the backup file of your IOCore (I have send you my mail address as personal message). Then, I can rebuild your setup to see why it is not responding as you expect.
Best regards,

Jurrien
Jurriën de Klerk
Visual Productions BV

June 11, 2015, 02:29:07 PM
Reply #2

Jurriën de Klerk

• Visual Productions
Dear Chris,

I have build a similar setup, but was unable to reproduce the problem. Both after a system restart and after 20+ min. the IOCore responds fine. What I did see is that you are using an older firmware version, could you please upgrade to the newest version? (If you download the newest version of the vManager the firmware is included) If this does not solve the problem, could you use another tool to verify that the message is indeed not sent out? (If you are looking for a tool, you can use the monitor of Cueluxpro). My setup was build using firmware version 1.36 and I used Cueluxpro for OSC message monitoring.
Hope this helps,
Best regards

Jurrien
Jurriën de Klerk
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk