Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: connecting 6 contact buttons to iocore and cuecore  (Read 2818 times)

July 23, 2015, 12:58:29 AM
Read 2818 times

mimadas

I am in urgent need of help. i have to use a 6 button contact switch to control different presets of an rgb fixure via an iocore and a cuecore. What i have done is to connect the 6 button switch to 6 of the gpi inputs of the iocore. the iocore is in turn connected to the cuecore via dmx inout/output.

IOCORE show control is selected as GPI==>dmx. Cuecore showcantrol is DMX in.

On IOcore. showcontrol->GPI==>dmx. trigger type->channel, Set value->set->para1=1 (to trigger dmx channel 1)

On cuecore. showcontrol->DMX in, triggere type channel (value set to 1 asiocore is set to trigger channel 1), recorder-> para1=1(to triggermemory 1 on recorder.

is there anything i am missing ? any physical connections or settings ? i can't seem to get it to work when i press the switch.

July 23, 2015, 08:40:38 AM
Reply #1

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
i think you want to start playing the track 1 of the recorder.
You need to select recorder=> playstate=>start  and the in properties 1 the number of the track.
Tell me if it's ok for you. ;)
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

July 23, 2015, 09:27:01 AM
Reply #2

mimadas

i've tried that. i also tried recorder=>solo=>set. still to no avail

July 23, 2015, 09:28:56 AM
Reply #3

mimadas

my dmx rx on my cuecorei always showing 'off'. anyway to turn it on or will it automatically show on when there is signal coming in

July 23, 2015, 09:33:37 AM
Reply #4

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
i think your cuecore do not receive dmx, the dmx label on the bottom of the screen should light up white when the cuecore receive dmx. If it stays grey it means that the cuecore do not receive the dmx signal.
What you can do 2 things.
Or in the action edition screen you can click the learn button, and then puch teh iocore button, it should show the dmx signal received.
You can also go in the monitor screen to see if the dmx in signal is receive when you push the iocore button.
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

July 23, 2015, 05:11:55 PM
Reply #5

Jurriën de Klerk

• Visual Productions
Hello Mimadas,

Another thing you should check is whether the DMX port of the IOCore is set to output (this is set as input by default).
Please let us know if this solves the issue
Best regards,

Jurrien
Jurriën de Klerk
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk