Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Request Midimap for Launchpad MK2  (Read 6373 times)

September 24, 2015, 05:00:07 PM
Read 6373 times

fungusgarden

Can you please make a midi map for the Launchpad MK2 . I saw that Launchpad is in the list of plug and play midi controllers but appearently the newest one isnt. Thank You

Novation Launchpad MK2

September 24, 2015, 09:50:41 PM
Reply #1

Zoë Castle

• Visual Productions
    • http://www.visualproductions.nl
Hi Russ

Making new MIDIMaps is not as quick and easy for us as making PF's.

As I am sure you can appreciate we need to have the requested MIDI desk in house to do this.  My colleagues will need to decide if this unit is one to include and then, if it is, add it to the 'to-do" list.

I have two suggestions to help you for now:

1 You can make use of the Actions in CueluxPro. These allow you to trigger midi without an actual map - this I think is more user friendly.
Maarten suggested this a while ago for another unit you were using - how did that go for you?

2 You can try to use the Generic MIDI Map attached to this post to make your own Map.

We are closed tomorrow due to moving office so will not be able to answer immediately if you have questions.  Please do search on the forum as there seems to be quite some ideas and help already on here from other users.

Good luck and do let us know how you get on!

Greetings Zoe
Zoë Castle
Sales Manager
Visual Productions BV

September 24, 2015, 11:23:12 PM
Reply #2

fungusgarden

I understand , but I purchased the Novation Launchpad specifically because it says its supported. Im not asking for anything more than what is advertised. Please.

September 25, 2015, 08:14:24 AM
Reply #3

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
whitout having a launchpad MK2 it's impossible to create a midimap, if you want me to help you to create the midimap i need at least the list of all the midi messages sended by the launchpad for each button ( a picture of what do each button)
You can use a software like midi ox ( www.midiox.com) to see which message is sent by each button of the midi controler, or even use the monitor of cuelux pro.
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

September 25, 2015, 05:06:58 PM
Reply #4

fungusgarden

I have midiOx and can copy and paste the list of midi messages into a text file. (On/Off message for each button) I can then send a picture of the midi controller with the order in which I pressed the buttons. Would that work ?

September 25, 2015, 05:24:41 PM
Reply #5

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
the best would be a picture of the louanch pad with an arrow saying this button send this message ( channel number, etc..) with just a list there are many chances to mix some things a lost a lot's of time.
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

September 25, 2015, 05:49:38 PM
Reply #6

fungusgarden

I sent you a .zip file to your email before I saw your latest reply. I did send a photo and numbered the order in which i pressed all the buttons and also sent a txt file with the corresponding On/Off message in order. Please let me know if it makes sense the way I did it. And Thank you again for your time. I would like it to work the way it shows in the manual where it is primarily used to control all 64 Go Buttons.

September 25, 2015, 08:14:33 PM
Reply #7

fungusgarden

If that doesnt work , I will do my best to copy each command to each button in a JPEG and send it to you instead.

September 26, 2015, 08:42:50 PM
Reply #8

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
i got your email.
i am sorry but could you do the same thing with the value in decimal and not hexadecimal,
After that i think i can do something for you!
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

September 28, 2015, 02:13:30 PM
Reply #9

fungusgarden

I just resent you an email with a zip containing a jpg and text file with the Decimal Values. Thank You

September 30, 2015, 08:56:35 AM
Reply #10

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
The midi map file it's almaost finished.
Thanks to fungusgarden here is the midi message list for novation launch pad MK2 for people wanting to create their own midimap file.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 09:25:32 AM by Julien Levaufre »
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

October 19, 2015, 08:32:39 AM
Reply #11

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
for those who wants to use a novation launchpad MK2, here is the midimap file for cuelux Pro. ;D
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

December 18, 2017, 10:08:18 PM
Reply #12

MylesAway

• Down at the RadioShack
    • instagram
Does anyone have the . jpeg image for this map? the one linked in the thread no longer works.

December 19, 2017, 09:25:50 AM
Reply #13

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
i've updated the file! ;)
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

December 20, 2017, 05:52:29 AM
Reply #14

MylesAway

• Down at the RadioShack
    • instagram
Oh haha, I thought this was an image for what each button is assigned to in Cuelux Pro, like the images that are in the manual.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk