Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Midi controller bank and touchscreen bank independently working?  (Read 9707 times)

December 19, 2015, 01:31:41 PM
Read 9707 times

Klaus

Can the the midi controller's working bank be different from the computer's display on Cuelux ?
I have other software controlled stuff, where i can assign a bank to the BCF2000 and still work on a different bank on the computer's display / touchscreen...
If not, this would be a very welcome thing, not ?
Anyone ?

Best

Klaus

December 22, 2015, 06:54:19 PM
Reply #1

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
this is already possible but you need to edit by hand your midimap file...
IF you want to control the faders you see on the screen, you use the key word " playback fader" from 1 to 8. If you  want to use any of the 64 playback faders not depending on the banck shown on the screen use the key word" playback direct fader" from 1 to 64.
have fun ;D
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

December 22, 2015, 08:08:41 PM
Reply #2

Klaus

IF you want to control the faders you see on the screen, you use the key word " playback fader" from 1 to 8. If you  want to use any of the 64 playback faders not depending on the banck shown on the screen use the key word" playback direct fader" from 1 to 64.
have fun ;D
You mean the midimap file 'in use', like the ones in midimaps > factory folder

Thanks

Klaus

December 23, 2015, 08:11:31 AM
Reply #3

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
yes, if you want to create a custom midimap, just copy/past the file you want to use from factory folder to user folder, then you can edit it and use it the way you like.
IF you let the file in the factory folder, when you will update cuelux the file will be erased.
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

December 23, 2015, 09:43:56 AM
Reply #4

Klaus

yes, if you want to create a custom midimap, just copy/past the file you want to use from factory folder to user folder, then you can edit it and use it the way you like.
IF you let the file in the factory folder, when you will update cuelux the file will be erased.

Merçi Julien  :)

Best regards

Klaus

January 05, 2016, 09:19:30 PM
Reply #5

Klaus

What I'd like to do :
Use the screen via touchscreen / mouse,
and use the midi controller independently with it's bank knobs
i.e. screen works on a freely selected bank ( from 1-8 ) and the midi controller works on a different bank, but freely selectable on the controller ( 1-8 )
I had a look at the midimap xml, but don't get it, what has to be changed or added...
Can U help ?
Thanks a lot
and
best regards

Klaus
IF you want to control the faders you see on the screen, you use the key word " playback fader" from 1 to 8. If you  want to use any of the 64 playback faders not depending on the banck shown on the screen use the key word" playback direct fader" from 1 to 64.
have fun ;D
You mean the midimap file 'in use', like the ones in midimaps > factory folder

Thanks

Klaus

January 05, 2016, 09:51:49 PM
Reply #6

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
what you want to do is not possible i am sorry.
the best you can do with cuelux is to get any banks you want from 1 to 8 on your screen and control always the same banck from yourmidi controler.
It's not possible to switch banck from screen and switvh differents banck wit the midi controler.
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

January 06, 2016, 07:10:08 PM
Reply #7

Klaus

Sorry I don't get it...
http://www.visualproductions.nl/forum/index.php?topic=4256.msg14544#msg14544
( your nessage above )
says it's possible...
Could you explain what exactly you mean then ?

Thank you very much

Klaus

January 07, 2016, 11:45:18 PM
Reply #8

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
What you want to do is to be able to control banks 1 to 8 from your touchscreen or mouse and to be able the same from you midi controller. ( anyway this is what I understood from your last post). In this case cuelux would be able to be on bank 4 on the screen and to control bank 6 from the midi controller and then change to bank 3 on the screen and to bank 5 on the midi controller... This is not possible.
What I told you is possible to do is to control bank 1 to 8 from the screen or mouse and control a unique bank from the midi controller.
I hope this last possibility could fit your expectations.
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

January 08, 2016, 02:34:44 PM
Reply #9

Klaus

What you want to do is to be able to control banks 1 to 8 from your touchscreen or mouse and to be able the same from you midi controller. ( anyway this is what I understood from your last post). In this case cuelux would be able to be on bank 4 on the screen and to control bank 6 from the midi controller and then change to bank 3 on the screen and to bank 5 on the midi controller... This is not possible.
What I told you is possible to do is to control bank 1 to 8 from the screen or mouse and control a unique bank from the midi controller.
I hope this last possibility could fit your expectations.
Yeah, that would be a starting point, although, I should be able to switch banks controlled by the controller on the controller
Possible ?
If yes, please explain for me ( light-dummy ), actually soundguy  ;D

Thanks
Klaus
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 09:15:43 PM by Klaus »

January 09, 2016, 04:18:06 PM
Reply #10

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
The think is that the bank you will control with your midi controller will be set in the midi map. So if you use it you won't be able to change the bank controlled by the midi controller during the show.
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

January 09, 2016, 04:27:02 PM
Reply #11

Klaus

The think is that the bank you will control with your midi controller will be set in the midi map. So if you use it you won't be able to change the bank controlled by the midi controller during the show.

ok, thanks !
How to do that 'exactly ?
Any copy /paste text-code to insert in the midimap, for i.e. - fader bank 1 / buttons in faderbank 1 - around ?

Best

Klaus

January 12, 2016, 08:56:02 AM
Reply #12

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
please try to use this midimap.
record the berinher.xml file in the midimap/user folder and then select the [user]BCF2000 in cuelux.
With it your bcf will always control banck 1 whatever the banck shown on the screen is.
But you will not be able to switch banck on the controller.
I hoppe it fits your expectations,
enjoy ;)
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

January 12, 2016, 12:41:58 PM
Reply #13

Klaus

Thanks a lot Julien ( merçi ! )
I'll report later, lotsathingstodo...

Best regards

Klaus

January 13, 2016, 07:37:25 PM
Reply #14

Klaus

Sorry to ask
could this be used / altered for the APCmini to ?
Thanks  ;D

Klaus

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk