Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Not all modes visible in Cuety  (Read 2086 times)

December 25, 2015, 06:14:18 PM
Read 2086 times

Danny

I am the (proud) owner of 2 American DJ - DOTZ TPar systems. This system has several modes (3, 5, 9, 12 and 18 channel). When I want to patch the fixture, only 3 of those 5 modes are available (3, 5 & 9 channels), no trace of the 12 and 18 channel mode. I double checked in vBuilder whether the modes are available... and they are. So I tried a work around via vBuilder, I exported this fixture, via a personal copy, to the cuety app. The 5 modes were available in builder, once in cuety, only 3 of them can be selected when patching the fixture. Any ideas?
Happy Holidays

December 26, 2015, 12:05:08 PM
Reply #1

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
you cannot see these modes because they use subfixtures, and cuety do not mangae subfixtures.
If you need to use one of these modes, you need to create a special modo with only the commons channels and then create a fixture for each subfixtures.
For example if you need 4 RGB subfixtures you can directly patch 4 generic RGB fixture you can find in cuety.
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

December 27, 2015, 12:14:32 PM
Reply #2

Danny

Julien,

Thanks for the quick reply, although it sound like Chinese to me.
And to my humble opinion it highlights one of the main problems of Ceuty, the lack of an extensive manual. Not every one is a DMX-geek, myself as example, and the current manual does not give enough information for a (starting) DMX user.

December 28, 2015, 09:10:04 AM
Reply #3

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
in your case the fixture you use is a bar with 4 LED RGB BARs, So your fixture is tha comeplete product, but we can describe the RGB PARS as subfixtures, this means that in fact each par is a fixture by itself...
If the cuelux software range, when you patch one fixture using subfixtures, you can control each subfixture by itself, but cuety do not allows this.
SO as you cannot use subfixtures in cuety, there is no reason to show modes using subfixtures ( in your case modes 12 and 18 channels).
Now if you want to be able to control each subfixtures ( each PAr) separetly, instead of patching the bar including the pars you need to patch just the 4 pars. So for the 12 channels mode you need to patch 4 RGB pars, and you can find this fixture in the "generic" manufacturer list. Ptach 4 of them and you will be able to control each par as you like!
I hoppe this time i am clear enaught ;)
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk