Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Link between Builder and Cuety is not very clear  (Read 5804 times)

December 26, 2015, 08:33:17 AM
Read 5804 times

Danny

When I check my fixture (ADJ DOTZ TPAr) in 9 channel mode in Builder, everything that should be there (9 channels with the correct assignments), is there. When I patch this fixture in Cuety and want to use it to program a cue, something weird happens. In the programmer, there a hick-up (I think ;) ):
- there are 9 channels visible in the Programmer
- there are oddly arranged (7 to the left and 2 to the right)
- the first 3 channels have the correct denomination (R,G,B), all the others have other names than was indicated in the builder
- with the Programmer sliders you can select a value between 0-100 and not 0-255 as one should expect for DMX

Can you indicate what I'm doing wrong or which turn have I missed in the (concise) Cuety manual.

December 28, 2015, 09:02:13 AM
Reply #1

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
for the value shown by the fader it's in percentage, in a next release of cuety you will be able to choose between dmx value or percentage.
For your fixture here is the explanation, you have 9 channels,
first 3 are RGB values, so you can control them form RGB faders.
Channel 4 is macro, but cuety do not manage macros, so you cannot control this channel from cuety.
AFter channels 5a nd 6 are dimmer and shutter, you can control them from dimmer and shutter fader in the programmer.
The last 3 channels, are custom channels ( Curv ,L1 and L2), cuety only mange 2 custom fader so you can acces only Curv and L1 faders...
The thing is that cuety's programmer olaways shows the sames faders, so even if you your fixture do not use these parameters the fader is shown!
I hoppe my explanation helps you, ;D
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

December 28, 2015, 11:08:28 AM
Reply #2

Danny

Loud and clear, Thx Julien!

I will need to talk to the vendor who sold me Cuety, he recommended it as a perfect solution for my (2x) ADJ DOTZ TPar & (2x) EUROLITE LED MAT-Bar 4x64 Matrix. But like you describe it, for the DOTZ TPar, I'm unable to use the preprogrammed flows/fades/... and need to go in at the individual LED Par level to program my own Flows/fades/...
This is not what I had in mind. Thx again.

December 28, 2015, 01:44:37 PM
Reply #3

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
after it's not completely incompatible, we can adjust the fixture files to let you control the functions you need.
Fo example, put the macros on the "focus" fader.. as you do not need this fader we can use it for something else you may need...
Tell me what you need and i can help you! ;D
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

December 29, 2015, 10:20:25 AM
Reply #4

Danny

Julien,

It would be great that Cuety could control the fixtures as described in the fixture manual, and it really doesn’t matter what faders controls what channel.

American DJ DOTZ TPar:
- I have tried your suggestion and used 4 seperate generic RGB Pars (with addresses 1, 4, 7 and 10). It worked perfect with the fixture in the 12 channel mode. I was able to control the 4 leds. Big disadvantage of this way of working is that I need to program all fades/patterns/… (available in the fixture’s 9 & 18 Ch modes) manually. Sound activated light effects are out of the question.
- I tried to combine the 4 generic RGB pars with the fixture in 18 Ch mode, with a (faint) hope I would be able to combine the advantages of the 4 single pars and the  preprogrammed flows/programs/sound activation. As expected, the plan did not work… without any doubt an address conflict
- An absolute dream would be that the 18 Ch mode would be controllable via Ceuty. This would give the greatest flexibility, I could use the fixture in a fixed DMX 18 Ch setting for more or less static lighting problems and for mobile DJ Gigs. I suppose this will be difficult in this version of Cuety, there are only 17 faders available. (Ch16 - Dimmer curves is the least interesting, so if I would have to skip one, it would be this one ;-) )
- Control over the fixture in 9 Ch mode would already be great, usable for a mobile DJ gig. For a static lighting problem I can use the 4 separate generic RGB Pars with the fixture in 12 Ch mode.

Eurolight LED Mat-Bar 4x64:
- this is a 7 Ch fixture. In the current preprogrammed profile (checked in builder), everything looks OK. But when I try to use it in Ceuty, only 4 of the 7 channels are assigned to a fader. Ch 1, 2 & 3, which are RGB, to faders 1, 2 & 3, so far so good. The only other channel that is controllable is Ch 4 (Horizontal movement (CHLR in builder)) and it is assigned to the Custom 1 fader (second from the right)
- To use this fixture via Ceuty, I would almost say it is imperative to have the 7 channels represented in Ceuty

What is your opinion, Julien? Is this feasible or is this ‘out-of-the-ballpark’?

Thanks in advance for your advice and support!

December 29, 2015, 11:28:10 AM
Reply #5

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
your fixtures are not big ones so  we can do it!
It's not the same when it's 36 channels modes...
Anyway please find with this post an updated version of the fixtures files...
You need to use itunes to send the user.personality file ( not the zip file) to cuety.
Then you will find a [user]cuety specific manufacturer including you Tpar and MAT-Bar fixtures.
For the TPar i created a cuety specific 18ch mode, just patch this fixture to the real dmx addresse of your fixture and then patch 4 RGB genric fixtures to this same addres, this way you can control each led pars the way you want but you can also acces macros and chases effects.
You will find the macros on the gobo fader, dimmer and shutter at their right place, control of the extra lights on custom 1 and custom 2 and the dimmer curv on the focus fader... This way you can acces anything of the 18 channels mode!

For the Mat-Bar, RGb were ok, so nothing changed, on custom 1 and custom 2 faders you will find the 2 differents chases effects, for the macro moove the gobo fader and to set the speed of effetcs moove the gobo rotation fader!

I think you should get evrything you need this way.
I hoppe this is ok for you,
ENjoy ;)
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

December 29, 2015, 01:13:15 PM
Reply #6

Danny

Thx Julien Thx!! My DMX wizzard!

As far as the Mat-Bar is concerned, the Ceuty specific profiles works perfect!

There is still a little hick up with the DOTZ TPar in 18 Ch mode:
- The functions of Ch 13-18 work fine, I do have access to the macro's, chases, dimmer,..  !UR the best!
- Access to the individual RGB Pars seems to be impossible, when I try to make a cue with one of those 4 generic RGB Pars (respectively with addresses 1, 4, 7 and 10 where as the full bar is set to 1), they don't seem to react. When I put the fixture in 12 Ch mode, the 4 individual Pars react to inputs, but then of course I loose my chase-control. Do you think it is possible to combine both while the fixture is in 18 Ch mode?

Another thing I noticed is that when I'm setting cues and I want to record them, sometimes it is not possible (the fixtures and cues squares don't become red). Any idea what is going on there?

TIA,
Danny

December 29, 2015, 01:42:47 PM
Reply #7

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
great!
for the TPar i've made a tiny modification in the file, so try this new one.
This time you need to patc the "cuety patch" to channel 13 if you fixture is in address 1...
If it still doesn't work with this file, it means that the problem is coming from the fixture itself witch should need to get a certain value on a certain chanel to let you control each par separetly...
so just tell me if it's or not now!
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

December 29, 2015, 02:53:43 PM
Reply #8

Danny

Thx Julien,

Bad luck... I'm afraid don't seem to get the individual LED Pars to react when the fixture is in 18Ch mode, even with the new profile patched to address 13. In 12 Ch mode the individual Pars react fine. All in all, this is rather strange, if you check the ADJ manual, the first 12 addresses in the 12Ch and 18Ch mode are exactly the same, so why work in one mode and refuse cooperation in another???? Maybe I'll forward that question to ADJ.

Any tests I can perform that may give you a better insight of what is happening?

MdA,

Danny 

December 29, 2015, 03:12:12 PM
Reply #9

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
please try patching only the 4 generic rgb with your fixture in 18 channels mode. If In this case you cannot control your par it seems that we are missing something from ADJ!
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

December 29, 2015, 03:58:53 PM
Reply #10

Danny

Julien,

As you suggest, I went back to a blank sheet and only patched 4 single RGB Pars. The result is the same, perfect in 12Ch mode on addresses 1, 4, 7 and 10 and no reaction what so ever in the 18 Ch mode.

I got another idea, in stead of using the generic RGB Pars, I used the ADJ single DOTZ Pars. But I'm afraid the result is the same...

And I must admit I'm as surprised as you are, according to the ADJ manual, there should be no difference in the first 12 channels in the 12C-h or 18Ch-mode.

Thank you for your swift and clear support, and if you can figure out what the problem is, please let me know. I'll do the same.

A happy 2016 / Joyeux 2016

December 29, 2015, 04:06:00 PM
Reply #11

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
you can use the Dotz PAr fixture bu the result will be exactly the same.
It's very strange it doesn't work when you just patch the 4 RGB pars in the 18 channels mode...But now i am sure it's not coming from my fixture file! ;D
Did you try to put the macro chanel ( gobo in your case) between 64 and 71 ( 21 and 27 for cuety as it's in percentage).
Maybe you need to active a global color to be able to mix it individually after???
This is my last idea... ???
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

December 29, 2015, 04:35:12 PM
Reply #12

Danny

Sorry Julien,

No luck, once you start rising in the Ch13 values, the fixtures justs starts running through the foreseen colors & flows. Not even the gobo fader @ 25 changes that.

My guess is that all the elements need to be in the same 18Ch fixture file...

Grtz, Danny

December 29, 2015, 04:42:07 PM
Reply #13

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
i am sorry it did not work...
But what i am sure is that i do not have any link with the fact that you use differents fixtures to control it...
cuety send informations on the dmx channels and your fixture only see the value on the channels, it doesn't care how the chanel value had been set!

I am sorry but i am out of new ideas... :'(
Anyway "bonne année!" ;D
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

December 30, 2015, 08:16:59 AM
Reply #14

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
i just get an idea this morning, did you try to ocntrol indiviidually the led pars when the global dimmer was on or not..
Maybe the global dimmer needs to be on, to see the colors choosen by rgb mix on each par.. ???
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk