Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Midi triggering for the Cuecore  (Read 1824 times)

January 07, 2016, 03:22:41 PM
Read 1824 times

Steve-o

Hi Visual Productions.
I have two questions about the cuecore. First, I have a DMX recorder, with several hand made lighting sequences I've programmed it with DMX 512, can I store these in the cuecore, perhaps play them, through the DMX in, and record these for later use?, can it do that. And second, I'm hoping to use a midi foot controller, to trigger these DMX recordings, while I'm playing live on stage. Like I'd be playing the bass guitar, and stomping the sequences while I jam. I was speaking to the cat who's built the MIDI stomp box, and I noticed that theres some pretty weird triggering systems with his controller. There are two types of MIDI triggering I can choose from. The first type is ON / OFF, the second is "ON only while depressed", and I asked him, "will this be suitable for use on stage, because ideally I'd like to just tap number one, one time only, and when I need sequence two, just tap straight to that, without the need to turn off number one first", and he said, I needed to ask you guys here, how your midi triggering system the cuecore uses. So, two questions please.

Can this store live streaming DMX, that can then be triggered via midi?.
And, do I need to switch off a sequence, before starting the next one, or can I just chop straight to the next one using midi please?.
Lastly, please also e-mail me your reply if you could, to

Rouke2001@Gmail.Com

Many thanks for your help and patience. Love your work man, that's one sick little gadget, its got groove.
Steve

January 07, 2016, 03:56:37 PM
Reply #1

Jurriën de Klerk

• Visual Productions
Hello Steve,

Nice to hear you like the CueCore. The CueCore can store DMX data that can be played back during a show. I assume that your DMX recorder can play the recording back as well; if you connect this to the CueCore, then the CueCore can record the outgoing DMX data coming from the DMX recorder. This way you can copy the data from your recorder into the CueCore.

Once the data is inside the CueCore you can setup the triggering mechanism. You might need to play a little with the CueCore trigger flanks and the settings of the foot controller, I guess setting the controller to "ON when depressed" and triggering on both the "Up" and "Down" flank might be a good start. Finally please note that you can attach multiple task to a single trigger (by adding more then one action task). Hence setting up the system so that the current playing Recording is stopped and the next is started should not be a problem.
Hope this helps and good luck!
Best regards,

Jurrien
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 04:02:40 PM by Jurriën de Klerk »
Jurriën de Klerk
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk