Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: IOCore cannot sustain all outputs continuously ON  (Read 1396 times)

February 09, 2016, 11:38:51 AM
Read 1396 times

ChrisVDB

I accidentally stumbled on an IOCore hardware "feature".

If I turn all outputs ON and leave them like that, the unit turns off (as in overheat protection) after a few minutes. :o
When switching DC power off and on, ioCore works again, but the switchoff happens within seconds, so it looks like a thermal issue.

Experimenting showed that IOCore can sustain only 5 of its 8 outputs continuously ON.

February 10, 2016, 09:13:09 AM
Reply #1

Jurriën de Klerk

• Visual Productions
Dear Chris,

Up until now we haven't seen this problem, however there is indeed a thermal fuse within the design. Do you have any other power supply, supplying higher voltage compared to the one you are using right now? The maximum voltage you should apply is 20V, we expect that if you use, for example, a 12V power supply the effect might be gone. Please let us now if this not the case.
Best regards,

Jurrien
Jurriën de Klerk
Visual Productions BV

February 10, 2016, 01:19:38 PM
Reply #2

ChrisVDB

Hoi Jurriën,

I borrowed a 12V 1A power supply from a Netgear network switch and indeed, IOCore kept working for hours with all outputs ON.
That means that the 9V "Sunny" power supply you shipped with IOCore is actually a bad choice.

I have 5 IOCore units in use. Is there a possibility for a power supply "upgrade"?

February 11, 2016, 05:30:37 PM
Reply #3

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
Dear Chris,

We are going to arrange new PSU for you. We will follow up the details by email.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Maarten
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk