Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: New install and new to CueCore (Acclaim ART SSC)  (Read 1811 times)

March 01, 2016, 10:09:57 PM
Read 1811 times

videotoast

I am trying to figure out where in the software to patch fixtures for the ART SSC (which is Acclaims version).  I have downloaded the software and cannot find it anywhere.

First, can I patch fixtures directly in the aTouch software and set my cue values directly from the software, as I am connected to the lights?

I may have other questions, based on answers received.

Thanks in advance for a new guy to this control system, but familiar with many others.....

March 02, 2016, 08:18:32 AM
Reply #1

Julien Levaufre

• Global Moderator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
hum... ???
the thing is that in cuecore there is no software to download, you can record directly cues from any dmx controller ( harwae or software) into the cuecore memory, andyou manage all this from the web interface included in the cuecore memory ( type in your web browser the ip address of teh cuecore).
But you can also use the cuelux pro software where you can patch you fixtures and crete cues, using a programmer and then dump directly your cuelist into the cuecore memory...
I hppe this helps you, ;)
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

March 02, 2016, 04:11:22 PM
Reply #2

Jurriën de Klerk

• Visual Productions
Hello,

I agree with Julien, external software is not required. In case you need to program complex scenes though, CueluxPro can help you out. This software will indeed allow you the patch fixtures and control them as such. The CueCore will only work with 'row DMX value', holding no actual knowledge about the fixtures. You can use 'the touch screen software' (downloadable from our/their website) to setup a (touch) screen to control the CueCore.
Please feel free to ask your questions.
Best regards,

Jurrien
Jurriën de Klerk
Visual Productions BV

March 03, 2016, 04:22:42 AM
Reply #3

videotoast

Thank you, I have decided to Capture DMX in, and have done so for several CUES, now done.

May I ask a few new guy questions, please?

What is precisely the process for setting a standard day of the week CUE...every day, for instance, with a trigger function at sunset ? (from the show control window: (I know I need to create an ACTION from the scheduler action)

I will then have "specialty" cues for specific day (like St Patty's day).

Can someone help with giving me step by step, since the manual gives no clear examples using 3 generic CUES.
CUE 1 is Blackout to run at Sunrise
CUE 2 Is daily look that runs every day at Sunset
CUE 3 is Specialty look that OVERRIDES or takes precedence over CUE 2 or DAILY look.
CUE 4 is specialty look that OVERRIDES or take precedence over CUE 2 and is later in the Calendar year thatn CUE3.

Thank you.  I appreciate the information on the forum, and the robust control system.

March 04, 2016, 09:34:24 AM
Reply #4

Jurriën de Klerk

• Visual Productions
Hello,

If you look at the scheduler trigger type 'DateAndTime' for the scheduler action source and you press 'change' button an popup will appear. If you look at the values you can select in the month drop down, the secret you are looking for is revealed (at least I expect you are looking for this feature). Namely, you will see all the months of the year and a weird X symbol. The 'X' symbol is the trick, you can use this symbol also for the year and/or the day. It represents a don't care, meaning that it will trigger independent of that value. For example, 2016-X-1 will fire a trigger every first day of the month in 2016 and X-January-X will fire triggers every day of January, independent of the year.

I think, the only thing left is jumping to the right Cue, which can be done with a Console action task. Hope this helps and good luck.
Best regards,

Jurrien
Jurriën de Klerk
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk