Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Lpu-1 no dmx output ?  (Read 2254 times)

March 20, 2016, 07:57:16 PM
Read 2254 times

sphrebers

I've bought a brandnew lpu-1 a little while ago and now had the time to start playing around with it.
So, connected everything, updated the firmware as described in the video, and added my fixtures in cuety.
The problem that I have is that the dmc fixtures don't seem to see the dmx output. With my adj punch led pro's the channel number keeps blinking wich indicates there is no dmx signal, something that is not happening with my scanmaster, so the problem is not with the fixture or cable.
There must be something I'm doing wrong, but I'm at a loss. The lpu-1 is being seen in my network, I have a slowly pulsating red light, but can't get my lights to work. What am I missing ?

March 21, 2016, 09:23:05 AM
Reply #1

Michael Chiou

• Visual Productions
Hello @Sphrebers

I am sorry to hear that you are having troubles with the LPU-1.

I would like to ask you some questions so we can determine how to fix it.
    - What is your location, and where did you bought the LPU from?
    - Do you have a DMX tester?

Michael.
Michael Chiou
Visual Productions BV

March 21, 2016, 11:56:14 AM
Reply #2

sphrebers

Hi Michael,

I'm located in Almere, the Netherlands
I bought the lpu-1 at thomann early februari 2016. Unfortunately I do not have a dmx-tester.
I do have a DMX-splitter that shows if there is a signal on the line, I can check to see if that tells me something. I will do a test this evening.

Sjoerd

April 05, 2016, 06:56:20 PM
Reply #3

sphrebers

It has been solved. It turned out to be an opto-coupler IC wich was replaced and now the unit works great, tried it as soon as I got it back.  8)
Thanks for the great service !

April 06, 2016, 10:47:35 AM
Reply #4

Michael Chiou

• Visual Productions
Hello Sjoerd,

I am very glad to hear that everything worked out! I hope that you enjoy using your Cuety ;)

Michael.
Michael Chiou
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk