Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Wishlist... Things to improve  (Read 3496 times)

June 27, 2016, 12:55:15 AM
Read 3496 times

denny

Hello! First at all: Great App so far... for me cuety is the best option to control lights seriously by iPad beside some things that could be improved:

1. When I touch a submaster fader and missed the knob the fader jumps to the position that I've touched: In this situation the light levels jump instantly which is not professional. Could you make the fader only response, when they're exactly hit?

2. Maybe in some further release: could the pan/tilt box be resizable or zoomed when touched... it's a little bit tricky to find the right position.

3. The same as 2. for colour and fader control it will be more easy to adjust the parameters if you have larger controls.

4. If there will be a way to implement palettes it would be awesome

No. 2 - 4 are wishes for further releases but No.1 is a serious problem for me I can't use cuety as long as the light are jumping from one level to another if I accidently missed the exact position of the fader knob. Hope there's a way to fix it asap

Many thanks in advance, Denny

Legend:
#) Bug
#) feature request
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 10:50:07 PM by denny »

June 27, 2016, 03:46:42 PM
Reply #1

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
Thanks for your feedback Denny!
We will look into how/if we can incorporate your ideas.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

July 03, 2016, 10:40:04 PM
Reply #2

denny

thanks for reply!

there's additional things that i noticed:

1) A real problem is to dial in colour, positions without a stylus (apple pen) because everytime you lift your finger an put
back on again the colour/position picker/cursor jumps to the new postion of your finger. It is really annoying and frustrating when you just whant to "fine tune" something and have to do the whole thing again. I think it's the same issue as the submaster fader I've mentioned bevore.

2) Fadetime affect pan/tilt and shutter (LTP channels) too: So when I toggle a cue I get 2 seconds of flashing an rotating until the scene is as it should be... so there should be a way to set which channel is affected to fadetimes or a at least a settable "fadetime HTP only feature".

3) I got LPU-1 freeze during setup the lighting for the venue tomorrow (i had to do a power cycle)... but i think you already working on it as I see in the thread of "Rossi"

4) There's something strange going on with the DMX Output of LPU1 because when i change intensity of a cue the DMX output resets itself. Sometimes it is noticeble in LED lights flickering when moving the fader but realy often the LED's on my DMX Splitter are flashing.

5) Add a possibility to "go" cues by moving the submaster fader an release by turn the fader to"0" (like a lighting desk)... together with the intensity (htp) like it is right now.

I hope these things are manageble for further releases and want to let you know that with my feedback here i want to help you to improve cuety because I think it goes in the absolutly right direction to become a serious portable lighting controller.

best regards, Denny

Legend:
#) Bug
#) feature request
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 11:16:58 PM by denny »

August 22, 2016, 09:02:01 PM
Reply #3

eventdj

Would it be able to add "Gobo Overview", since I add the gobos in the Programmer for new fixtures i would much appreciate to see them in the app.

Morten

August 25, 2016, 09:31:12 AM
Reply #4

stefantobe

Hello,
For me the most important improvement would be to be able to edit programs without blackout. During a concert it is inadmissible to turn off all your fixtures because you forgot to do a program.
Yet I am very pleased of the software :) You are doing a good job !!!

August 25, 2016, 01:22:37 PM
Reply #5

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
hi Morton, hi Stefan,
Thanks a lot for your feedback!
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

October 20, 2016, 01:20:17 AM
Reply #6

David C

as mentioned :

2. the pan/tilt box be resizable or zoomed when touched... it's a little bit tricky to find the right position.

3. The same as 2. for colour and fader control it will be more easy to adjust the parameters if you have larger controls.

October 20, 2016, 09:19:13 AM
Reply #7

Michael Chiou

• Visual Productions
Hello @David C.

Thanks for the feedback.

Greetings Michael.
Michael Chiou
Visual Productions BV

October 23, 2016, 02:45:58 AM
Reply #8

denny

Thanking your Beta-Testers... oh eh... customers is rather helpful then maintaining your software / fixing bugs.
So I kindly ask you to do!

Since June where I bought cuety I had the chance to use it a couple of times but i didn't because of the lag of above mentioned problems.
I bagging you: Pretty please make these product usable for us in an professional way by adding function mentioned before:

Especially

" 1) A real problem is to dial in color, positions without a stylus (apple pen) because every time you lift your finger an put back on again the color/position picker/cursor jumps to the new position of your finger. It is really annoying and frustrating when you just want to "fine tune" something and have to do the whole thing again. I think it's the same issue as the submaster fader I've mentioned before."

2) Fadetime affect pan/tilt and shutter (LTP channels) too: So when I toggle a cue I get 2 seconds of flashing an rotating until the scene is as it should be... so there should be a way to set which channel is affected to fadetimes or a at least a settable "fadetime HTP only feature".

Thanks in advanced, Denny

October 24, 2016, 03:03:47 PM
Reply #9

Michael Chiou

• Visual Productions
Hello @Denni

Thank you for your input! We will look into it and if its possible.

Greetings Michael.
Michael Chiou
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk