Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: sunrise / sunset data  (Read 2244 times)

May 27, 2016, 08:52:20 AM
Read 2244 times

qrz

hi

i'm using cuecore to enlight a building. now we're having trouble - in the morning, there's a trigger to start a cue at 05.30 (lights on) - at sunrise the next cue starts (lights of). - this is due to legal regulations.. - now, can somebody tell me, on what data the sunrise/sunset is based? is there a calulation-sheet? i guess, the sunrise is before my starting time of 05.30.

thanks for any advise.

May 27, 2016, 09:54:53 AM
Reply #1

Jurriën de Klerk

• Visual Productions
Hello,

You can see the result of the calculations on the settings page. Note that these times (set and rise) depend on the location settings, the UTC setting and the Daylight saving time.
Please let me know if you need more info on how to set it up.
Best regards,

Jurrien
Jurriën de Klerk
Visual Productions BV

May 27, 2016, 10:05:49 AM
Reply #2

qrz

thanks for you answer.

i'm just wondering, if i can predict the sunrise/sunset-time for a specific date in the year. how accurate is the setting in relation to the coordinates i set? is there a averaging per week/month or is the event-time everyday different? if so, from what source did you get the data? (NASA  ;) )

May 27, 2016, 11:36:05 AM
Reply #3

Zoë Castle

• Visual Productions
    • http://www.visualproductions.nl
Hi

On the setting page or the CueCore you can input the GPS coordinates of your location and select daylight savings etc.

More information on this can be found on Page 31 of the user manual.

Hope that helps!  Good luck and photos of your installation are always welcome, you can email me direct if you have some for me to share: zoe "at" visual productions "dot" nl

thank you and greetings Zoë
Zoë Castle
Sales Manager
Visual Productions BV

May 29, 2016, 12:43:33 PM
Reply #4

qrz

hi zoe

thanks for your answer. ich checked the installation on friday - i'm a little bit confused about the daylight-saving time.. as i set it "on" the sunrise/sunset time does not change.. is this a bug?

in the manual (yes, i read it before asking), your example ist for june 26 - but the daylight-saving time is set to "none". so the result of sunrise at 4:22 local time is right, but considering the DST it should show 05:22. am i right? can you confirm, that wenn you switch DST on, that it will be triggerd one hour later?

my point is, i can not change the offset time or the UTC-Value twice a year (as i would for easy fixing). and it is important (as i said, due to legal regulation) that the time-switch works properly.

best regards
tobi

July 13, 2016, 04:51:18 PM
Reply #5

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hi Tobi,

The daylight saving time is taken into account when calculating the sunrise and sunset time.
However CueCore only updates the the sunrise and sunset on three moments:
1. On a change of the latitude field, longitude field or UTC field.
2. The start of a new day.
3. Restarting the CueCore.

If you would like to know what CueCore does on a specific date you can change the date of CueCore to that date. You will also have to change latitude field, longitude field or UTC field to force CueCore to recalculate the sunrise and sunset time. Do not forget to change the field back.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk