Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Connecting to Cuecore  (Read 3273 times)

July 10, 2016, 03:56:27 PM
Read 3273 times

Firelight

Hi

Just starting with Cuecore, but not successfully. Am trying to connect to the Homepage with no success over Windows and OS. Have follow the instructions in the manual and set IP address's accordingly. Have done the reset to factory defaults but all computers will not recognise Cuecore but will recognise other network devices

Any thoughts?

July 11, 2016, 09:47:10 AM
Reply #1

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello,

Have you tried using the vManager to find the CueCore? The vManager will display the IP address which can be used to connect to the homepage.

If the vManager does not find the CueCore you can try to enable DHCP mode. This is done by pressing the reset button. If the LED on the CueCore is red DHCP mode is enabled.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

July 12, 2016, 12:51:24 AM
Reply #2

Firelight

Guido

Thanks for that, will give it a go

Cheers

Rohan

July 12, 2016, 01:02:43 AM
Reply #3

Firelight

Have tried downloading vManager from the website (OS version) and keeps coming up as file damaged.

Any thoughts on that

July 12, 2016, 09:10:22 AM
Reply #4

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello Rohan,

Some of our users have encountered a problem with starting the vManager on OSX.
On OSX you may have to start the vManager using cmd ⌘ + right click and then click open.
This is a temporary workaround.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

July 19, 2016, 05:10:55 PM
Reply #5

Firelight

This didn't work either. Kept on coming up as a 'Damaged File' no matter how many times I download it

July 20, 2016, 09:29:13 AM
Reply #6

Zoë Castle

• Visual Productions
    • http://www.visualproductions.nl
Hi Rohan

Please can you confirm what version OS you are using?

With a few of the older versions we find a problem with compatibility...

We will then see how to best support you with this so that you can get up and running with your CueCore!

Thank you, greetings Zoë 
Zoë Castle
Sales Manager
Visual Productions BV

July 20, 2016, 09:40:22 AM
Reply #7

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello Rohan,

We are sorry that the vManager does not work for you on OSX. We are looking into the problem. However the problem does only occurs on OSX.
Have you tried using the vManager on Windows?

Another option to solve you original problem is to hold the reset button on CueCore for 3 seconds or longer.
This will set the IP address of CueCore to 192.168.1.10 with a subnet mask 255.255.255.0.
From this point you can access CueCore as described in the manual. Changes to the IP address field in the web interface are imminently configured by CueCore. If you require to change the subnet mask as well you may want to change the subnet mask first.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

July 20, 2016, 02:59:15 PM
Reply #8

Firelight

I can use the vManager on Windows but I avoid Windows as much as possible. The installations I am presently quoting will be Mac based but I guess I can configure on Windows. As I teach myself more, I am hoping I don't have more Mac problems

July 20, 2016, 03:40:50 PM
Reply #9

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello Rohan,

I hope you succeed in programming your CueCore.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

July 23, 2016, 03:41:46 AM
Reply #10

Firelight

Guido

Thank you for your time. I am getting a bit frustrated as to how difficult this process is. Maarten and Zoe assured me that if I committed to the product range the process would be a lot simpler than this.

I got the Windows computer (a platform I admit I am not particularly familiar with but have to use because the OS version won't work) to ID the Cuecore and are now trying to Upgrade the firmware. It has been showing the word 'preparing' for three hours. Is this normal?

Its taken two weeks on and off to get to this point. Surely I must be doing something wrong. It should not be this difficult.

Cheers

Rohan

July 23, 2016, 04:17:46 AM
Reply #11

Firelight

Guido

Forget the last post. I have discovered a Firewall issue with Windows 8.1 that prevented access to Cuecore. Firmware upgrade successfully completed and now have access to unit

Cheers

Rohan

July 26, 2016, 09:42:35 AM
Reply #12

Zoë Castle

• Visual Productions
    • http://www.visualproductions.nl
Thank you Rohan
I hope you are now up and running! 
You have my contacts if you encounter any more problems.

Greetings Zoë
Zoë Castle
Sales Manager
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk