Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: New Personality File not showing on Ipad after I have loaded it via Itunes  (Read 2525 times)

August 25, 2016, 11:28:12 PM
Read 2525 times

Paul Jones

Hi All,

I'm tearing my hear out here!! I have made a couple of personality files myself that work great, but the one made by Julien Levaufre for my QTX MW-6 Moving Head Wash has downloaded & unzipped fine but when I add it to my ipad it doesn't show up in the personality library. I needed to rename it from user to user 1 so hope that's not the problem, I am putting the personality file onto the iPad not a XML. Can anyone help me out please? I am supposed to be using the Cuety for the first time this Saturday & the way things are going I can't see it happening. I will be dragging my old DMX controller out.

Could it be I need an XML file for the Cuety LPU-1??

I hope that makes sense to people.

Thanks in advance, i'm fairly good with tech normally but at present this is not going as planned!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 11:57:45 PM by Paul Jones »

August 26, 2016, 08:36:23 AM
Reply #1

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
the problem is coming from the fact you renamed your fixture file!
cuety open only the user.personality file, so it won't open the user1 and so it doesn't see the fixture file included.
If you want to use your custom personality and the one i've made for you, you nee dto use a text editor to merge the 2 files.
Or just send back the 2 files and i will merge it for you.
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

August 26, 2016, 09:52:22 AM
Reply #2

Paul Jones

Morning Julien,

Thank you for the quick reply, I thought it must of been something simple to be honest. I have attached both files, the first is the one's I made for my Generic Chinese lights & the second is the one you made for my QTX MW-6 lights.
 One question is if & when I make more personalities & import them onto my Ipad will the fixture's that are already on the ipad stay there or will the new file over right the previous files?

Thanks for your time & patients.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 10:06:15 AM by Paul Jones »

August 26, 2016, 04:40:51 PM
Reply #3

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
Please find your user file merged.
The problem came from the fact that you used one file from you, and one file from me, if all your fixtures files come from the same system they will all be on the same file.
To avoid this kindof problem, please add on your computer the qtx light file i join. This way you will see it on your builder and next time you will export from the builder to cuety, it will be already included.
Enjoy ;)
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

August 27, 2016, 02:44:54 PM
Reply #4

Paul Jones

January 16, 2017, 06:47:14 PM
Reply #5

Fredrik F. Zakariasson

Question.

So i also have problems to ad more then one Personality file.
When i try to ad the second one, itunes says that i cant ad one more with the same name without overwrite the old one.
So, how do i ad my diffrent personality files without changing namn on the files. (Because aparantly the wont work/show then) =)

Best regard Freddy

January 17, 2017, 08:37:30 AM
Reply #6

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
you cannot add more than one personality.user file to your ipad.
If you have several custom files you need to merge them into one file.
To do it you need a texte editor file like notepad.
If you need to transfert a manufacturer you need to copy everything between (including the tags)
<manufacturer>
</manufacturer>
then include it at the end of the file just before
</personalities>

If you need to transfert a model you need to copy everything between ( including tags)
<model label="******">
</model>
then past this after the last </model> of the manufacturer.
I hope this will help you
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk