Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Which Product? Cuety,CueCore, Show Control, Cuelux, Cuelux Pro  (Read 1951 times)

September 03, 2016, 05:35:09 PM
Read 1951 times

ndh

Hi all, my first post ...

If I describe my requirement can I get some input on what product(s) to use. I'm moderately competent but not a full-time lighting guru ...

I want to light a large garden.
I will have around 40 - 50 fixtures.
These are mostly static LED devices ( x 30) each running circa 8 DMX channels.
I also have: some DMX relays; a device that will play MP3 (4 channel); a PWM board (4 channels) that dims fairy light strings and some 'standard' 4 channel dimmer packs

I will have a 20 minute show that will run at dusk and loop a few times. This will run 3 days a week in winter. (Power, containment, distribution etc. is all 'in hand' and I have enough DMX channels).  The plan at the moment is for a single DMX Universe and no other protocols.

I could start the show manually but better if it triggers at dusk (only) on the correct days. 
I guess the show will end when the controller power is turned off but anything more sophisticated would be good e.g. end after 'n x shows'.

So the question is what is the best controller /software combination? Bare also in mind I could do with learning the least complex software that does the job!

I hope this all makes reasonable sense.

Nigel

September 05, 2016, 10:56:41 AM
Reply #1

Zoë Castle

• Visual Productions
    • http://www.visualproductions.nl
Dear Nigel

Thank you for your interest in our products.

This sounds like a perfect application for the CueCore. 
You can program with the schedular for specific days or dates, sunset, times etc!  This can work completely stand alone for on and off, timed events, of the lighting states.
You can also consider adding a B-Station into the network to manually turn on/off or select additional lighting states if required.

Within the CueCore is a simple command line interface lighting console which may prove to be enough for your programming requirements.

I am going to put you in direct contact with our UK distributor, Qeytek so that they can give you further information and advise on this.

Once more thank you and we look forward to seeing if this can be the right solution for you!

Greetings Zoë
Zoë Castle
Sales Manager
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk