Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: New beta; V1.4.13  (Read 6216 times)

October 05, 2016, 05:16:21 PM
Read 6216 times

Jurriën de Klerk

• Visual Productions
Hello all,

We just uploaded a new beta version of CueluxPro. Version 1.4.13 is now availible on our FTP server (ftp://haarlem.visualproductions.nl/releases/beta/). Please let us know if you find anything not working correctly.
As headsup for what has been changed;

Code: [Select]
New Features  : - Sub-fixture selection has been improved.
Solved Bugs   : - Fix for broken CMY colour mixing.
                - Fix for a small bug: long filenames appearing with a tiny font-size in
                  the File-dialog.
                - Fix for 'Delete Attribute' dialog in Cue-Edit-Screen; it was not
                  refreshing properly.
                - Fix for Layout page in Matrix menu; it was not possible to select the
                  top row of pixels.
                - Fix for not all gobo images showing on Windows.
                - Elation Midicon midimap improved (s1-6 button reassigned, touch buttons
                  11+12 now select the encoder group in the programmer view)
                - Elation MidiconPro midimap improved (top=row Playback buttons now
                  indicate playback activity, Programmer-Frames button no longer triggers
                  B-button’s LED)
                - Some incoming OSC messages could result in a crash.
                - Zooming in/out in the timeline editor could result in a crash.
                - Fix for background colour in matrix patterns Gradient Circular, Gradient
                  Spiral and Gradient Square.
                - Fix for setting matrix-layer custom->speed to 100% (would halt the pattern)
                - Fix for Text Static pattern; faulty rendering with ‘Vertical’ enabled.
                - Some cuelists (wait & no-loop) could result in a crash.
                - Fix for copy/past for action-task parameter1; the copied value was alway 0
                - Fix for colour FX button, the text 'FX' was shown on top of the image
                - Fix for several dialogs where the keyboard event where not handled
                - Fix for OSC bundles containing multiple messages, only the first was received
                - Fix for colour and gobo wheels that did not show up for sub fixtures when
                  they should
                - Fix for flickering in chase when bounce was selected
                - Fix for wrong timing for chase in one of the first steps
                - Fix for CueCore GPI which was not working within Show Control
                - Fix for sACN, now the universe is selectable
                - Fix for cue replacement, this could lose fixture selection information
                - Fix for the SDL library dependencies, which where missing for Ubuntu
Thanks and best regards,

Jurrien
Jurriën de Klerk
Visual Productions BV

October 07, 2016, 05:11:31 PM
Reply #1

Jurriën de Klerk

• Visual Productions
Because some dependencies where wrong in the Linux 64-bit version we have uploaded an rebuild with version 1.4.14. Therefore, only the Linux 64-bit version v1.4.14 is available on our FTP, all other OS's are still on v1.4.13
Jurriën de Klerk
Visual Productions BV

October 17, 2016, 09:28:14 PM
Reply #2

stokkie

Hi,
New version a bit better again so positive progress. :D

* Bugs:
- need to start QueluxPro twice before the program apears (W10)
- if I put the open cirkel gobo of my PR lightning pilot 150 in the palette I get another gobo. Programmer has the right gobo but if saved to palette it goes wrong.
- Midi sliders don't act good sometimes slider is up but cue is not started (already mentioned in other forum)

*questions
- Why are the cues not stops immediatly when the playback button is presset. It seems it is finishing its last step. This way it stops a cue sometimes 1 or 2 second later
- Why do the playback buttons not just have the toggle funtion when controlingwith a mouse? Click -> on ---- click -> off
- How can I easy toggle the playback buttons with my apc40 clip buttons by the actionlist?

* ideas
- make a slider form(24 sliders) which you can undock and put anywhere on the screen or on second screen.
- bigger text possibility's to add to the buttons and maybe some color marker?
- possibility to combine individual chases so you can start them at the same time (show scene)
- Take a day with  camera and make lots of instruction video's and put them on youtube it will get you more users.

Thats it for now hope to see some good answers

« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 09:43:01 PM by stokkie »

October 18, 2016, 10:26:51 AM
Reply #3

Jurriën de Klerk

• Visual Productions
Hello Stokkie,

Thanks for your feedback. Some small questions about the bugs;
need to start QueluxPro twice before the program apears (W10)
is this persistent or was this only once,
if I put the open cirkel gobo of my PR lightning pilot 150 in the palette I get another gobo. Programmer has the right gobo but if saved to palette it goes wrong.
So if I understand you right, there is a difference between what is in your programmer and what is saved to the palette? Is this only for the gobo or also for other attributes?
Midi sliders don't act good sometimes slider is up but cue is not started (already mentioned in other forum)
Which MIDI device where you using? If the MIDI slider is up, is the corresponding CueluxPro slider up as well?

To answer your questions:
Why are the cues not stops immediatly when the playback button is presset. It seems it is finishing its last step. This way it stops a cue sometimes 1 or 2 second later
What is the release time of your playback?
Why do the playback buttons not just have the toggle funtion when controlingwith a mouse? Click -> on ---- click -> off
As default, a normal click on the playback button is go+, you can change the behavior in the Playback edit screen in the properties area. The toggle functions is not implemented yet.

I have put your ideas on the wish list. Thanks again for the feedback.
Best regards,

Jurrien
Jurriën de Klerk
Visual Productions BV

October 18, 2016, 04:59:05 PM
Reply #4

Sander Bloem

• Let's Design
    • ZeroFifty Design
Hi there,

One issue i came across is the fact that the sofware wont open if i click the symbol.
So what i do know is browse to programfiles - visual production - cueluxproXXXXX and then right click on the application execute as administrator.

A other thing i came across is when you toggle between groups fixtures and palettes there is an strange graphic problem (i saved an image in the attachments).
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 05:10:19 PM by Sander Bloem »

October 18, 2016, 08:04:33 PM
Reply #5

stokkie

Hello Stokkie,

Thanks for your feedback. Some small questions about the bugs;
need to start QueluxPro twice before the program apears (W10)
is this persistent or was this only once, /quote]
This is persistent. Each time i start the pc and start Clpro

if I put the open cirkel gobo of my PR lightning pilot 150 in the palette I get another gobo. Programmer has the right gobo but if saved to palette it goes wrong.
So if I understand you right, there is a difference between what is in your programmer and what is saved to the palette? Is this only for the gobo or also for other attributes?
Only for this gobo dmx value 200-232 GOBO 6 (Ring) becomes other

Midi sliders don't act good sometimes slider is up but cue is not started (already mentioned in other forum)
Which MIDI device where you using? If the MIDI slider is up, is the corresponding CueluxPro slider up as well?
I'm using a apc40. Slider is always up as well in cueluxpro.

To answer your questions:
Why are the cues not stops immediatly when the playback button is presset. It seems it is finishing its last step. This way it stops a cue sometimes 1 or 2 second later
What is the release time of your playback?
I will look into this. Do not know of any release time yet. Update: release time is 0Sec

Why do the playback buttons not just have the toggle funtion when controlingwith a mouse? Click -> on ---- click -> off
As default, a normal click on the playback button is go+, you can change the behavior in the Playback edit screen in the properties area. The toggle functions is not implemented yet.]
I don't get why this is still not implemented yet to me it seems to be a standard function

I have put your ideas on the wish list. Thanks again for the feedback.
Best regards,

Jurrien
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 08:30:03 PM by stokkie »

October 18, 2016, 08:32:33 PM
Reply #6

stokkie

Hi there,

One issue i came across is the fact that the sofware wont open if i click the symbol.
So what i do know is browse to programfiles - visual production - cueluxproXXXXX and then right click on the application execute as administrator.

Just try to start the normal symbol again. By me it will start. Don't need to execute as administrator just start it 2 times.

October 19, 2016, 09:26:33 AM
Reply #7

Jurriën de Klerk

• Visual Productions
Hello there,

Thanks for your feedback.
One issue i came across is the fact that the sofware wont open if i click the symbol
Don't need to execute as administrator just start it 2 times.

It sounds like there is either a shortcut issue or an executable issue for windows. Could you please let me know; which Windows version are you using, Windows 10?

A other thing i came across is when you toggle between groups fixtures and palettes there is an strange graphic problem
Thanks for the feedback, I'll park it on the ToDo list.
Thanks again for all the testing efforts,
Best regards,

Jurrien
Jurriën de Klerk
Visual Productions BV

October 20, 2016, 03:55:12 PM
Reply #8

Jedi

• KMC e.K. Showlaser + more
Hello,

i also have this error!

"Don't need to execute as administrator just start it 2 times."
Win7, 32 Bit

Sometimes the Computer give a Windows error when i closed cueluxpro.
"If Cueluxpro endet proberly?" Exit?

Jedi

October 24, 2016, 12:27:55 AM
Reply #9

sla-je-slag

Hi Jurriën,

nice to see that the software works almost a full 100% now. But, not entirely.....

I've still got crashing problems that I have for a long time and I cannot fix them. But, we have managed to isolate the problem bit by bit.
Al lot of times the program crashes when pressing a button on my Novation launchpad S. Connected to midi 2.
On this moment we've discovered that there is not a programming problem in my self made midimap. Because, if the problem is not coming up on startup and the first time you press the button on launchpad, the program stays stable and won't give any error as long as you work with it.
But unfortunately, 5 of the 10 times the program crashes directly when pressing a button on startup.

I've got 16 playback button banks, the launchpad controls bank 9-16.  In bank 10, second row of the 64 playback buttons on the launchpad, it constantly goes wrong. So, at this moment, we found out that it happens constantly in bank 10. But, not at the same button. Most of the time it's button 1, 2 or 3 in that bank, sometimes another button in bank 10. As said, we can manage the problem at this moment. When we startup the program, we press al the buttons in bank 10 with the launchpad. When it does not crash at that moment, the program stays stable for the rest of the show as far as we've tryed until now.

Is there a way maybe I cab send you my show file and the midimap? I'm very curious if you get the same problem and maybe you what has to be done to get the program stable for us and maybe a lot of other users? Whre can I upload a show and midimap?

Thanks,

Michiel Gerringa
Netherlands

October 24, 2016, 09:22:56 AM
Reply #10

Jurriën de Klerk

• Visual Productions
Good morning,

@Jedi, thanks for reporting, we will look into this.

@sla-je-slag, also thanks for reporting. Maybe you can sent the file to support@visualproductions.nl, then eventually it will arrive at my desk. I am curious two, I'll put it on our todo list.
Again, thank you all for testing.
Best regards,

Jurrien
Jurriën de Klerk
Visual Productions BV

November 06, 2016, 08:05:58 AM
Reply #11

Jedi

Hi Jurriën,

Bank Safe does not work...

Regards
Jedi

November 07, 2016, 09:59:56 AM
Reply #12

Jurriën de Klerk

• Visual Productions
Hello Jedi,

Thanks for reporting.
Best regards,

Jurrien
Jurriën de Klerk
Visual Productions BV

November 16, 2016, 12:32:55 PM
Reply #13

Jedi

Failure: "Don't need to execute as administrator just start it 2 times."
Win7, 32 Bit

When the Cue Core ist Switch off, Cuelux starts at the first Time!

This 14.13 Version did not safe the Bundles!
Banksafe did not work!

Can you Fix that? ;)

November 17, 2016, 10:33:30 AM
Reply #14

Jurriën de Klerk

• Visual Productions
Hi Jedi,

This might narrow it down a bit, at least the startup problems. Thanks for reporting! I placed the failure of saving the bundles on the todo list, the bank safe was already there. Again, thanks for reporting.
Best regards,

Jurrien
Jurriën de Klerk
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk