Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: SPI led control in Cuety  (Read 1965 times)

October 15, 2016, 12:19:43 PM
Read 1965 times

Robrolefes

Hi,

i am looking into the concept of digital led strips. I'd like to incorporate this into my setup. I'm a total noob and just discovered that adressing individual led's goes with a designated SPI converter. Correct me if I'm wrong btw. Anyway, I'm curious about your experience. I'd love some tips to give me a push in the right direction. Is there something I'd have to take into account while purchasing a Digital LED strips and a SPI converter, especially considering I'm going to use it with Cuety. Thanks a lot!

cheers Rob

October 17, 2016, 10:29:03 AM
Reply #1

Michael Chiou

• Visual Productions
Hello @Rob

It is really easy to setup Cuety to output SPI. All you need is a DMX to SPI Decoder and you are good to go.

Greetings Michael.

Michael Chiou
Visual Productions BV

October 17, 2016, 10:42:58 PM
Reply #2

Robrolefes

Very nice! Thanks for the advice. That's very reassuring. I have some more questions.

For the decoder, is there a maximum of LED's I can control? I saw these 144 LED's per meter strips and would probably be using 18 meters.

I've read that I should be using ws2811 or ws2812 LED strips. What's your vision?

October 18, 2016, 01:58:31 PM
Reply #3

Michael Chiou

• Visual Productions
Hello @Rob,

Cuety is a 1 universe controller, that means that it can support 512 channels or 64 individual pixels/LEDs. So what you want to do is not possible with Cuety.

Alternatively you can check out our QuadCore, which has 4 universes, up to 2048 channels and you can combine multiple units.

I hope this is helpful.

Greetings Michael.
Michael Chiou
Visual Productions BV

October 22, 2016, 10:18:00 PM
Reply #4

Robrolefes

Hi Michael,

ah, that's some totally new information. I'm getting there  ;D That gets me in a totally different price range. I really like my Cuety setup. I use it for my wedding and business gigs. Very easy to use while DJ-ing. I'd like to ask one more thing is that's okay.
Is there a way to link Cuety with this QuadCore thingy? Say, press a pad on my Cuety to start a sequence on the quadcore...?

thanks

October 24, 2016, 03:13:39 PM
Reply #5

Michael Chiou

• Visual Productions
Hello @Rob

You can combine Cuety with the Quadcore. The Quadcore can receive DMX, Art-Net or sACN all protocols that Cuety supports.

Greetings Michael.
Michael Chiou
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk