Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: iocore limits on the network?  (Read 3676 times)

November 02, 2016, 03:07:19 PM
Read 3676 times

tizianos

hi all,
I'm looking for that info everywhere between site and forum but without success.
I would like to know if is there a limit for iocore? how many iocore can I install in a system?
is it possible to install 10 iocore and 1 cuecore?
thanks,
tiziano

November 03, 2016, 10:12:16 AM
Reply #1

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello Tizianos,

All our units are capable of working on there own and in a network. There is 1 limit to the number of units you can place in a network. Which is the size of you network. Lets say you are using a network with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 then the limit would be 254 network devices. Which includes your computer(s), router, our units and other network equipment. This is a limit found in most private networks.

Therefore there should not be a problem connecting 10 IoCores and a CueCore.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

December 14, 2016, 11:03:08 AM
Reply #2

tizianos

thanks for your prompt reply guido.
I kindly ask you if you can suggest me how can I manage a contact activation with IoCore and Cuecore (connected in the same network)?
Is it better to manage single dmx address or is it better to manage with cuelist?
thanks again for you time and attention,
kind regards,
tiziano

December 14, 2016, 11:40:51 AM
Reply #3

tizianos

additional questio, i should activate a cue when a trigger is activated in a iocore, is it possible? how can I manage it? because I'm seeing that it's not possible to start a cue from iocore.

December 14, 2016, 02:37:53 PM
Reply #4

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello Tizianos,

I am not sure what you would like to achieve.

But I am guessing that you would like to start a cue in the CueCore when something happens in the IoCore.
To do this you will have to configure the IoCore to send a message to the CueCore. And the CueCore to do something when it receves the message.

An example:
The IoCore has a template in show control called GPI -> OSC.
This will configure the IoCore to send OSC messages when a change is found on the GPI ports. You are free to change any settings created by the template.
On the settings page of the IoCore you will have to set the destination of the OSC messages. This will have to be set to the address of your CueCore.

At this point the CueCore can receive the messages from the IoCore.
In the CueCore you can add an action list OSC to do something with the messages from the IoCore.
Add and edit an action.
Change the trigger value to the message send by the IoCore.
And finally add a task which changes the playstate of the recorder.

The monitor page of the IoCore and CueCore may help you to see which messages are send and received.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

December 14, 2016, 03:46:42 PM
Reply #5

tizianos

yes, this is what I want to achieve. but I prefer to avoid osc message because.
I'm wondering about last things, do you think I can program all the interface through the cuelux pro and after the programming dump the information in the device? is it possible?
thanks,
regards,
tiziano

December 15, 2016, 10:37:35 AM
Reply #6

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello Tizianos,

Cuelux Pro can be used to program a show and even run show control from it. By mastering a unit. However this means that you will have to run Cuelux pro during the show.

A second option is to use Cuelux pro to create your recordings for the CueCore, and dump them to the CueCore. Then use show control in the units to start and stop recordings. Please note that Cuelux Pro can not program show control inside the units. You will have to use the web interface of the units to program show control inside the units.

If you want to run your IoCore's and CueCore with Cuelux Pro you can use the first option. If you would like to have the units to work without Cuelux Pro you can use the second option.

If you chose the second option you will have to make the units communicate with each other using some connection. I am not sure why you would like to avoid OSC. But if you must you can also use UDP.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

December 15, 2016, 12:17:35 PM
Reply #7

tizianos

thank's for your prompt reply guido.
I want to avoid OSC because I don't know how to manage it.
I need really to get through this project so...
step 1: programming recordings with Cuelux pro and dump to the CueCore
step 2: setting up the IoCore (through the web interface) to send OSC message to the CueCore
step 3: configuring the CueCore to trigger a record when OSC message is received.
if I am right, please confirm it.
but I'm still wondering that it will take so much time and through the Cuelux Pro it will be more easy and faster.

OT question: do you think that a raspberry pi3 will work with Cuelux pro? Ubuntu mate on. Do you ever tried this low-budget mini-pc?

thanks for your time and attention,
regards,

tiziano

December 15, 2016, 01:42:05 PM
Reply #8

Zoë Castle

• Visual Productions
    • http://www.visualproductions.nl
Dear Tizano

First I hope you are enjoying using our products even if your first experience is quite a challenging learning curve in this installation!

If you are still in need of support with using our products for the first time, maybe it is would be worth your contacting our Italian Distributor, Audio Effetti in Genova.
They will be able to put you in contact with their Italian technical support people and insure all your questions are answered without further delay.

Please do let us know how you get on and thank you for using our controllers!

Greetings

Zoë
Zoë Castle
Sales Manager
Visual Productions BV

December 15, 2016, 02:12:08 PM
Reply #9

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello Tizianos,

Using the three steps you describe should work. You should not fear using OSC or UDP. It is not all that hard. And you do not have to understand how OSC works to use it. OSC is just a way of sending a message from one place to another.

You can still create recordings using Cuelux Pro and dump them to the units. And as soon as you have done this you can close Cuelux Pro and let the units do whatever it is you want them to do.

Steps to setup show control.
1. Go to the show control page of the IoCore.
2. Select the source GPI and click Add.
3. Add an action from action types to the action list GPI.
4. Edit the action.
5. Set the trigger value to the GPI pin you would like to use.
6. Add a task OSC. (or UDP)
7. Select the feature send, function Control.
8. Click on Param 1 and enter a address. (This is just a text like "hello" or "gpi changed" without the quotes.)
9. Repeat step 3 trough 8 until all GPI port you would like to use send a OSC message. Please make sure all actions send messages to a different address. "GPI1", "GPI2", "GPI3" ...
10. Go to the settings page of the IoCore.
11. Set the Out IP 1 to the IP address of your CueCore, and append ":8000" without the quotes. Example 192.168.1.40:8000

At this point the IoCore should send messages to the CueCore when a change is found on the GPI pins.

12. Go to the settings page of the CueCore.
13. By default we use port 8000 for OSC. Please make sure this is the same number as you have append behind the ip address on the IoCore.
14. Go to the show control page of the CueCore.
15. Select the source OSC and click Add.
16. Add an action from action types to the action list OSC.
17. Edit the action.
18. Set the trigger value to the address you used in step 8.
19. Add a task Recorder .
20. Select the feature intensity and the function control.
21. Click on Param 1 and enter the number of the Recoding that should be changed by this message.
22. Repeat step 16 through 21 until all messages have been processed.

At this point you should be capable of controlling cue's in the CueCore with the GPI of the of the IoCore.

OT question: do you think that a raspberry pi3 will work with Cuelux pro? Ubuntu mate on. Do you ever tried this low-budget mini-pc?
We have not tested Cuelux Pro on a Raspberry pi. However our Linux releases have not been build for ARM CPU's and therefore i expect that it will NOT work on a raspberry pi. A low-budget mini-pc might work but I can not promise you it will.
But if you let the units run stand alone, Cuelux Pro is only needed during the setup of a show..

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

December 15, 2016, 06:40:21 PM
Reply #10

tizianos

thank you very much Guido. That was what I was looking for.
I think it will work. Thank's again for your time.

Dear Tizano

First I hope you are enjoying using our products even if your first experience is quite a challenging learning curve in this installation!

If you are still in need of support with using our products for the first time, maybe it is would be worth your contacting our Italian Distributor, Audio Effetti in Genova.
They will be able to put you in contact with their Italian technical support people and insure all your questions are answered without further delay.

Please do let us know how you get on and thank you for using our controllers!

Greetings

Zoë

thank you Zoe. i'll contact Audio Effetti if needed but I think Guido explained all that I need very good so I'm ok now.
I would like to suggest you to improve the manual with this information because it can be useful for other user :)

December 16, 2016, 11:14:03 AM
Reply #11

Zoë Castle

• Visual Productions
    • http://www.visualproductions.nl
Great Thank you Tizianos for your feedback and good luck!

greetings Zoë
Zoë Castle
Sales Manager
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk