Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Fading between dmx recording tracks  (Read 2245 times)

November 06, 2016, 05:03:21 AM
Read 2245 times

Tyler Ferrero

Hello,

I have an event which requires multiple cues of recorded dmx values. We created a playback and it has multiple tracks inside of it. Based on a timer or scheduler, the cuecore2 sends a Go+ command to the playback to go to the next cue. Even though a fade time of 5seconds is set, the cuecore2 jumps from one track to the next.

Is the Cuecore2 capable of fading between tracks that have a dmx recording in them?

Currently version 1.04

Thanks.

November 07, 2016, 11:49:05 AM
Reply #1

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello Tferr,

There are two options to fade in between tracks in a playback. The first is using the master fade. This allows you to set a fade time for all cues in a playback. To enable master fade the MFade check box should be checked.

The second option is using the fade time of the cues. This allows you to fade from one cue to the next with a different fade time per cue. (MFade disabled)
In show control you can use Go+ to go to the next cue. This will use the fade time. From the current cue to the next.

I have been trying to recreate your situation and could only find one way to do it. Which was to trigger Go+ multiple times.
In your case the timer could cause this if the trigger flank set to Change. This will cause it to trigger when the timer starts and stops. If you select the trigger flank Stop, Go+ should only be executed once. I have tested on Version (v1.4, v1.6 and v1.7)

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

November 09, 2016, 01:44:16 AM
Reply #2

Tyler Ferrero

I've updated the units to 1.07 (as displayed on the cuecore2).

I have more testing to do, but it still doesn't seem to be fading between cues. I've moved away from timers as before the firmware update, the timer transport controls were really finicky and the stop command didn't work. I didnt try it again after the update. (I'm thinking that my unit had a bad flash of the original firmware, it was really buggy all around)

Right now I have a timer of sorts built into the playback 1. For three minutes it runs cue 1, then runs cue 2 for 27 minutes to complete a thirty minute cycle. Even both cues have a 5s fade time, it still is jumping between cues.  I'll test it more tomorrow when I have more time and its darker out. I've moved away from timers due to the nature of being able to trigger them. With no logic or the ability to have more advanced time controls, timers in this scenario don't work well for me.

Thanks

November 09, 2016, 02:07:41 PM
Reply #3

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello Tferr,

To assist you, with the problem you are having with fading between cues, I will need more information. Like how your playback(s) and cures are configured.

The timers know two states: counting down and stopped.
When a timer starts counting down it will trigger all actions in the timer action list that have the trigger flank set to Change or Start.
When a timer stops counting down it will trigger all actions in the timer action list that have the trigger flank set to Change or Stop.
A timer stops counting down when it has counted to down to 00:00:00.00 or when a timer is stopped by show control.

If you do not want show control to trigger the stop flank when the timer is stopped by show control you can do the following:
Create an action with 3 tasks.
1. Disable the action list Timer using the task Action List.
2. Stop the timer using the task Timer
3. Enable the action list Timer using the task Action List.
Please note that the order of the tasks does mater.

Also we are planning to change this behavior to only trigger the stop flank when the timer has counted down to 00:00:00.00. However this will be in a future version.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

November 11, 2016, 07:27:22 PM
Reply #4

Tyler Ferrero

Hey, after trying multiple configurations, any recorded tracks not driven from the internal console do not fade.

For example, in Playback 1 there are two cues, each with a 5s fade time. Both cues are recorded data. Pressing the go button jumps to the next cue at the end of the fade time. Pressing release does not fade them down to nothing either, it also jumps off at the end of the fade time.

November 15, 2016, 11:04:05 AM
Reply #5

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello Tferr,

We expect that the CueCore2 is using an intensity map. Can you clear the intensity map on the track page.
Please refer to: http://www.visualproductions.nl/forum/index.php?topic=5155.0

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

November 15, 2016, 02:44:42 PM
Reply #6

Tyler Ferrero

The intensity map was set, so I cleared it using the method you described. Everything is fading properly now.

Thank you

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk