Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: CueCore (1) MAC address trouble  (Read 2286 times)

November 24, 2016, 02:38:39 PM
Read 2286 times

Kn00t

My CueCore (fully upgraded to latest firmware) doesn´t communicate its MAC address well.
 In vManager the address shows as 00.00.00.00.00.00 in red letters, and the unit falls out of the network all the time.
It´s connected to my Mac via a switch, not a router, so there is no "router address" to give it.

Also, to get the setting uni.sub = 1.1, I have to write "17" in the Artnet "In A" box on the setting page. Is that a bug, or just my lack of knowledge of Artnet?

Anyway, since my unit can´t receive Artnet (MAC address trouble I guess), I´m in trouble..

November 24, 2016, 03:41:24 PM
Reply #1

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello ljos,

To help you with you MAC address problem i will need more information.
Which fields do you see in the vManager?
Do you see the Serial number, IP Address, Subnet Mask and the router IP?
If you do see the these fields are other fields also red or orange?
If all other fields are white you may want to check if the IP address of the unit is in the same range as your computer.
And if no other device uses the exact same IP address.
If you need help with this issue please include the version number of both the vManager and the CueCore.

The Art-Net universe setting should accept "1.1" as input. The unit will then translate it to 17. You may also notice the text on the right of the input field will show "1.1".
This is not a bug. Inside the unit universe 17 is equal to sub.uni 1.1.

The problem with the CueCore not receiving Art-Net and falling out of the network are most likely related to the mac address issue.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

November 24, 2016, 04:10:41 PM
Reply #2

Kn00t

Thanks for the reply.
All IP settings are good, I´m running two QuadCores, an IoCore and this CueCore on the same network. One of the Quads is 200 meters away via wireless, works flawlessly :)

So everythinbg else is OK. I downgraded the CueCore Firmware just for testing, and the I got a Mac address suddenly - but still in red. But at the same time, vManager saw the IP address as "0".
Anyway, I managed to record Artnet to it even if it drops out of vManager all the time, so I´ll try to finish the programming and just let it run show :)

November 24, 2016, 04:55:23 PM
Reply #3

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello ljos,

I assume that you have access to the web interface of the unit. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Could you send me the serial number and the mac address according to the home page.

And are there problems if you connect the unit directly to your computer?
Just a cable from the unit to your computer. No switch, router or other network equipment.
If there is a problem please include the version number of both the vManager and the CueCore.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

November 25, 2016, 11:39:37 AM
Reply #4

Kn00t

Screenshot attached!

It works fairly well when directly connected - with some glitches so I have to restart browser.
Playback etc. is steady, it seems.

November 25, 2016, 12:32:29 PM
Reply #5

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello ljos,

It seems that the unit has forgotten its serial number and MAC address.
However the unit should still function normally without the correct serial number and MAC address.
As long as the MAC address is not 0.
The vManager may display the serial number and MAC address in red or orange but in this case you can ignore it.

Also I am not quite sure if you still have other problems with the unit, and therefore unsure how to help you.
If the unit works you do not need to do anything about it otherwise please contact us.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk