Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Blackouts and Fade Outs  (Read 2476 times)

December 02, 2016, 02:14:28 PM
Read 2476 times

SiWatts69

Just wondering if anyone can give me any guidance on this one.

Eventually, I plan to have quite a few "scenes". Each scene will be a particular combination of the lights in my rig (I have 6 different fixture types, in pairs) but it is unlikely that I would ever have all 6 types on at the same time.

What I would like to be able to do is have two generic scenes which;
1) Does an instant blackout of any/all fixtures and which when disengaged/released bring the lights back on to whatever their previous state was
2) Fades out any/all fixtures over say 2-3 seconds, pauses in the blacked out state and then brings them back to full on exactly as they were.

Both the above will need to work regardless of which scene is already running and resume from whatever was already running.

Will it be possible? and, if so how would I be best to start trying to sort it out?

I'd make a suggestion that the above type of functionality as (two/three) buttons on the main screen would be great! as in a simple "BLACKOUT" button and a "FADE OUT" button. Almost all hardware controllers have a blackout button (well those aimed at entry level anyway!). If we could also have an option as to whether the button was momentary (blacked out whilst held) or latching (blackout til 2nd press) that would be even better.

December 05, 2016, 12:02:13 PM
Reply #1

Michael Chiou

• Visual Productions
Hello @SiWatts69,

Thank you for your feedback. If it is possible, we are planning to add a "Blackout" button in the next release for Cuety. The "Fade out" button you describe sounds similar to a grandmaster fader, which is not something we consider adding to Cuety.

P.S. There is an other way to achieve what you want, but that would mean extending you setup with an LPU2 and a B-Station. If you are interested for more information please send me a personal message me.

Best regards,

Michael.
Michael Chiou
Visual Productions BV

December 05, 2016, 03:30:10 PM
Reply #2

Robin s

@ Michael don't forget the tap button in the next release;) a lot off people will be great full you

December 05, 2016, 05:40:56 PM
Reply #3

Michael Chiou

• Visual Productions
Hello @Robin s,

The Tap button is in the wish-list, and we will try to include it in the next release.

Best regards,

Michael.
Michael Chiou
Visual Productions BV

December 06, 2016, 02:47:30 AM
Reply #4

SiWatts69

Thank you for your feedback. If it is possible, we are planning to add a "Blackout" button in the next release for Cuety. The "Fade out" button you describe sounds similar to a grandmaster fader, which is not something we consider adding to Cuety.
Michael.

As I perhaps badly explained in my "other" thread... my setup isn't so complicated that I envisage extending the control aspects further.

I've been thinking about it all since posting the question, but just haven't had chance to rig it all up and try it out.

BUT the master blackout single hit button will be a godsend :-)

December 20, 2016, 09:16:51 AM
Reply #5

Michael Chiou

• Visual Productions
Hello @SiWatts69,

Looking forward to hear more about your setup.

Best regards,

Michael.
Michael Chiou
Visual Productions BV

December 20, 2016, 11:54:47 AM
Reply #6

SiWatts69

Hello @SiWatts69,

Looking forward to hear more about your setup.

Best regards,

Michael.

I've been a bit quiet with it of late... sadly too much work (real work) to get done and back to back gigs every weekend with either my band or the other band I do sound/light for over the past 5 weeks so not had chance to delve deeper.

But, it'll be done early in the new year when the Christmas rush has died down and I've enough time to dedicate to getting it nailed properly.

The only thing I'm up to with my Cuety at present is assembling the bits and pieces to customise a flightcase to mount Cuety in along with a small 5 way network switch and my Airport Express router, all inspired by the one I think you posted in an earlier thread. Loved the idea of it all being pre-mounted and prewired with simple Neutrik D type connectors on the outside of the case. I need the small switch as my audio mixer needs to share the same airport express. I try to post a picture when it's complete. Base is a Skeleton Case PS37-30 with Neutrik Powercon "in", Neutrik etherCon and a Neutrik XLR for the DMX cable.

December 21, 2016, 05:34:52 PM
Reply #7

Michael Chiou

• Visual Productions
Hello @SiWatts69

Sounds like a cool setup, please do send us some pictures and more information when you can!

Best regards,

Michael
Michael Chiou
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk