Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Phantom 50 Led spot MK2 not moving.  (Read 3550 times)

January 03, 2017, 11:26:23 PM
Read 3550 times

RobBoogaard

Since one week i use the Cuety with iPad and/or Macbook Pro.
I use static ip. I have had some problems with the connection with my iPad but everything is solved.
The firmware is not the latest.

>> I have some problems with the effects: FX (right from "home"). When i use Circle or an other effect nothing seems to happen. The moving head moves very very slow and even "grootte" or 'snelheid/speed" looks there
is noting happen. The moving head keeps in one direction and make a very little movement (1-5 cm/min on the ceiling). It's not possible to move the moving head to an other point in the room.

What do i wrong?

Thanks for your help :-[

January 04, 2017, 11:28:58 AM
Reply #1

Michael Chiou

• Visual Productions
Hello @RobBoogaard

Which mode are you using for your fixture 13 Channels or 8 Channels?

With kind regards,

Michael
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 04:28:18 PM by Michael Chiou »
Michael Chiou
Visual Productions BV

January 04, 2017, 06:51:59 PM
Reply #2

RobBoogaard

I use 13 channel, i will also try today 8 channel…

Gobo and color react very quick..
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 06:53:32 PM by RobBoogaard »

January 04, 2017, 07:01:51 PM
Reply #3

RobBoogaard

It looks that it works :-) , i will try later for a second time (and together  with a second moving head.)

Thanks  :D :D
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 07:43:20 PM by RobBoogaard »

January 04, 2017, 11:49:40 PM
Reply #4

RobBoogaard

The Moving heads are "working": the give light and moving.. but next problem:

My iPad says: red LED/no connecton/no divise LPU visible,  but i can make a cue (cues), but when want to remove or make a personality it says: no hardware connected.

When i make  two or more cues (cue: >add > hit the cue button > make a some FX changes >  record. With touching/activate 1 cue and then "'load" i see whats happening with my lights. Then i go "back", start one chase in position 1 (cue 1 -2-3 for example) my lights shaking (housing)a little and starts running the program and still shaking and after some seconds it stops shaking, till the cue 1 begins again. When i test every cue with "load" everything looks oke but when i run the chase  it happens again. It also looks that the 2 or 3 programmed cues look different than i tested the cue separated with the load button. (??). Next days i will test again  :-)) maybe it works better. It looks like that a cue is not overwritten by a new changed one (if possible?)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 11:51:39 PM by RobBoogaard »

January 05, 2017, 08:37:36 AM
Reply #5

RobBoogaard

Today i will try again,  maybe thats the problem: i use  macbook and ipad together. Because the first time with the ipad making a chase worked not very well. So i tested with my macbook the same time. And than again with the ipad
Maybe i give a factory reset for the hardware and starts again and only use the macbook.   

January 05, 2017, 08:58:42 AM
Reply #6

Michael Chiou

• Visual Productions
Hello @RobBoogaard,

I am glad that the moving heads are working on 8 channel mode, we are going to look into the 13 channel mode to see what might be the issue.

The second issue you are mentioning might be a bad network connection that results in the app not finding the LPU. It could also be a know bug that we are working to fix.

With best regards,

Michael
Michael Chiou
Visual Productions BV

January 05, 2017, 01:33:09 PM
Reply #7

RobBoogaard

Thanks Michael for your answer.

Maybe the problem is (for me) that i make 2 different chases on 2 different computers because the chase settings are stored in the hardware controller. One time by de ipad and than later by de macbook and the controller don't know what to do and give not the expected chase but both (??). This evening i start again. ( For me it's also the first time i do someting with light controllers with computer)

January 05, 2017, 03:52:00 PM
Reply #8

Michael Chiou

• Visual Productions
Hello @RobBoogaard

You can always share your show file with us, so that we can have a better understanding of what might be going wrong.

With best regards,

Michael
Michael Chiou
Visual Productions BV

January 05, 2017, 07:15:49 PM
Reply #9

RobBoogaard

Oke Michael,

first i will try some things and let you also know what i did wrong or what i see ….

Thanks for your help !

Groeten Rob
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 10:14:52 PM by RobBoogaard »

January 06, 2017, 09:06:06 AM
Reply #10

Michael Chiou

• Visual Productions
Hello @RobBoogaard

Glad to be of help, and yes please post if you figure it out so we can understand what was the problem.

With best regards,

Michael.
Michael Chiou
Visual Productions BV

January 08, 2017, 11:34:50 PM
Reply #11

RobBoogaard

Hi Michael,

Last days were very busy for me but i reset the LPU (setting to standard static ip), I think it has nothing to do with the problems.

I started fresh again  ;) with new new cue's and it looks working. I made i little chase and now i have to find out with the manual how to program and make a better show.

** I can't find something about making show files and saving in the manual: maybe that's was the problem by not saving anything and then working from the iPad without saving and then with the macbook without saving ??

How it works? First make some cue's/chases and than in Show Files > Save and every time you make a change or some changes at the end : Save?
Or? First make in "show files" > Show 1  and than make some cue's/chases and at the and: Save? and every time you make a change or some changes at the end : Save?
And for a next (second) show: "show files" > "new" > "push" this second show" >  and remove the old cue's and chases (in patch) and at the and save the changes?

Thanks for your help.

Rob
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 11:37:49 PM by RobBoogaard »

January 09, 2017, 09:31:44 AM
Reply #12

Michael Chiou

• Visual Productions
Hello @RobBoogaard,

You should save the Show you are programming after you are done programming, so you don't loose your changes. You can check Cuety Manual at page 7 for more information.

Please do share with us what you made with Cuety, we are always interested to see how you use it.

With best regards,

Michael.
Michael Chiou
Visual Productions BV

January 09, 2017, 09:07:23 PM
Reply #13

RobBoogaard

I understand that i have to save a show.

But for i first show first i have to make "show 1" and than make the cue and chases and at the end save this show 1
For a second show, first make "show 2" and than make changes and save it in show 2.

OR? in an other way

first make cue's and chases and save it in show 1
and than for show 2: change show 1 and save it as show 2…

These are two different ways …

An i will read off corse the manual :-)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 09:20:34 PM by RobBoogaard »

January 10, 2017, 09:25:43 AM
Reply #14

Michael Chiou

• Visual Productions
Hello @RobBoogaard,

What you are actually describing is the same thing (please correct me if I am misunderstanding you). The cues and chases and everything else you program is stored in the LPU. by creating and saving a file you create a backup copy of the show inside the LPU. so when you make a new file (show2) even if you immediately save or first make changes the programmed scenes that where originally there will still be there. So unless you empty the LPU first, show1 will still be there even after you make a show2.

With best regards,

Michael
Michael Chiou
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk