Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Futurelight PHS 200  (Read 5562 times)

September 20, 2005, 12:41:00 AM
Read 5562 times

Teeman

Hi,

iv connected 1 Futurelight PHS 200 to the box to test the software. Iv tried to do simple functions as running through the various gobos etc. However the controls are very limited, i can move around and choose colours but i can't rotate the gobos and the other more complex functions. I have setup a show for 6 on the software but i am testing it with 1 fixture connected, could that be the problem?

Thanks

September 21, 2005, 09:31:59 PM
Reply #1

Jeroen van der Velden

• http://www.visualproductions.nl
Hi,

Which version of VisualDMX are you trying?  Did you download the newest version?

Is the "Gobo Rotation"-slider disabled in the software when the PHS-200 is selected, or are you able to move it in the software but nothing happens on your movinghead?
Jeroen van der Velden
Moving light operator

September 22, 2005, 08:38:04 PM
Reply #2

Teeman

I have downloaded the latest program from the website. The problem i have is when you choose the fixture being phs200 it gives u a starting address of 1 which is fine, say ok to that fixture being at address 1, the head does its own things i cant get the controller to do anything, but when i select address 2 then the controller seems to respond with the fixture.

When using address 2 we cant do much because address 2 is for other functions like rotating the head, but u can tilt it if u understand what i mean. Phs200 has 8 channels, so it works out as the first address being 1, the next being 9, 17, 25, 33, 41 and so on. What i want to know does the address from the controller, and the moving head have to be different?And also when you select phs200 from the list it doesn't show any gobos, all it shows is a white spot

September 23, 2005, 03:19:10 PM
Reply #3

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
Dear Teeman,

I had a look at the personality file of PHS-200 and made some improvements. The new personality file is included in the v1.39 release which is now available on the website.

Would you mind trying it again with this new file and let us know if any issues remain?

Thank you.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

September 24, 2005, 01:12:51 AM
Reply #4

Teeman

When i first power up the software nothing happens (i.e - no response from the lights)

The new version now displays gobos, however... When you go to secondary option and reset the fixture, the controller starts to work as it should for 5 seconds then it goes off again.

September 26, 2005, 06:08:15 PM
Reply #5

Teeman

From the same dialog box where you can upgrade your firmware, there is button to refresh your dmx settings or test them, and my one says something like 48 are corrupt! Help!!

September 30, 2005, 01:50:18 PM
Reply #6

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
Dear Teeman,

Thanks for the feedback, that does make things a bit more clear for me. I have checked and double-checked the personality file of PHS-200 and compared it with the documentation of Futurelight; it should just work.

I have found one alternatieve way to interpret the Futurelight documentation and made a personality file accordingly. Can you please forward me your email address so I can send you the file for you to try out?

By the way, don't worry about the channel verification of your DMX hardware; this is a known issue with that particular software function. Your hardware should be fine.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

October 03, 2005, 01:36:24 AM
Reply #7

Anonymous

It works!!! Woo Hoo, thank you very much for yor help Maarten, if only all support could be that good, the lights work as i want them to thanks to your update. Thanks again, i will definately be recommending visual dmx to my friends.  :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk