Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: BCF2000 - Faders to control DMX Functions  (Read 2097 times)

May 09, 2017, 08:46:47 AM
Read 2097 times

adamipswich

Hi All,

Apologies if this question has been answered elsewhere but I would very much appreciate a link / help  :)

I would like to use my Behringer BCF2000 midi controller faders to control basic 'hands on' DMX functions for my lights such as:

- Colour
- Gobo
- X / Y Movement

Can you please point me in the right direction for assigning a fader?

Thank you very much and best wishes to all.

May 09, 2017, 09:33:26 AM
Reply #1

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello adamipswich

Unfortunately you can not map midi faders to controls like the gobo, colour, pan and tilt in Cuelux.

There may be a trick to do what you want but you will have to experiment with it.

If you use a playback for each of your controls on of the your fixture. You can add a single dimmer to this playback controlling the channel of one of the controls. This will allow you to control the intensity of the playback using your midi faders. This intensity will be mapped to for example your gobo.

Another options is to use a playback for each of your controls on of the your fixture. But this time you use a cuelist. And every cue in the cuelist will have on setting for the gobo. Pressing the Go+ button will then jump you to the next gobo if setup correctly.

I hoop that this information was useful to you.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

May 09, 2017, 09:46:51 AM
Reply #2

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
you can also set your faders to control the first 2 parameters of each programmer page. This way when you will be in he position page you will be able to control the pan and tilt values, in the color fix page you will control color selection and same for gobo page.
To do that you need to change the parameter controlled by the fader in the midimap file from "playback fader X -intensity" to "special -programmer wheel X"
You can find help in this document: http://www.visualproductions.nl/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=5233.0;attach=1785
I hope this is what you cant to do  ;)
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk