Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: QuadCore not found by software  (Read 3087 times)

March 08, 2017, 05:52:52 PM
Read 3087 times

BartKrap

My QuadCore just arrived, I connected it to my network and started up cuelux pro.

I went to network and it was recognised, clicked on it and the software crashed.

I relaunched the software but it wasn't regonised anymore.

Via vManager I updated to the lastest firmware but nothing.

Any ideas??

Greetz

Bart

March 09, 2017, 09:37:45 AM
Reply #1

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello BartKrap,

If I understand you correctly you can no longer find your QuadCore with Cuelux Pro. But you can with the vManager.

Can you try to close both Cuelux Pro and the vManager. Then reopen only Cuelux Pro and try to find your QuadCore.

If this does not work I will need some information like:
The version of the vManager, Cuelux Pro and firmware version of the QuadCore.
Does the vManager find the unit even when Cuelux Pro does not?
In what colour does the vManager show the IP address of the QuadCore?

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

March 09, 2017, 11:53:37 AM
Reply #2

BartKrap

I added some numbers to your questions, answers are below.

Hello BartKrap,

1 If I understand you correctly you can no longer find your QuadCore with Cuelux Pro. But you can with the vManager.

2 Can you try to close both Cuelux Pro and the vManager. Then reopen only Cuelux Pro and try to find your QuadCore.

If this does not work I will need some information like:
3 The version of the vManager, Cuelux Pro and firmware version of the QuadCore.
4 Does the vManager find the unit even when Cuelux Pro does not?
5 In what colour does the vManager show the IP address of the QuadCore?

Best regards,
Guido

1 you were correct but now vManager and Cuelux Pro both can't find it.
2 already tried that; nothing
3 both vManager and Cuelux Pro are the latest availible downloads from their respectable download pages.
   I tried updating the QuadCore when it was still found by vManager and I believe it said something like 1.15 but I'm not 100% sure and I don't know how to check that now.
4 It used to but now they both can't find the QuadCore.
5 I can't see it anymore but I believe it was yellow, but as I am at point 3, I'm not 100% sure.

Greetz

March 09, 2017, 02:46:38 PM
Reply #3

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello BartKrap,

There is a LED on the unit which should fade in and out. Do you see the LED and does it fade in and out? If you look at the colour of the LED is it red, white or are both on?

If the LED is not fading you may want to try to turn the unit off and on. If the LED is fading you can try to access to web interface. Does the web interface work?

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

March 10, 2017, 12:02:38 PM
Reply #4

BartKrap

So I pressed the reset button on the quadcore.

LED is fading in and out in white.

vManager can now find the box again, cuelux pro still cannot.

I can't connect to the QuadCore via my browser.

IP is yellow.

So what's the next step?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 12:25:24 PM by BartKrap »

March 10, 2017, 12:56:16 PM
Reply #5

BartKrap

FIXED IT  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

What I did is I unplugged the box, then held the reset button and plugged the box back in again.

It's 100% working now.

Thanks for your help

March 13, 2017, 09:09:45 AM
Reply #6

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello BartKrap,

Good to hear that it is working again.
I think your QuadCore may have had an invalid IP and Subnet mask combination. Which will be resolved when you press the reset button.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

March 13, 2017, 04:20:13 PM
Reply #7

BartKrap

Hello BartKrap,

Good to hear that it is working again.
I think your QuadCore may have had an invalid IP and Subnet mask combination. Which will be resolved when you press the reset button.

Best regards,
Guido
I had tried resetting the device multiple times with no effect.
Only when holding the reset button while plugging the device in did I get a result.

But I don't want to jinx it, it works now and I'm very happy with it.

May 20, 2017, 01:43:58 PM
Reply #8

BartKrap

Hey support,

The problem is back again. The fix I used before doesn't work anymore.

vManager can see the box but the IP is orange (see attached image). CueluxPRO can't see the box at all.

Keeping the reset button pressed in when inserting the power doesn't fix it anymore, neither does resetting in general.

Is there a protocol for setting up a quadcore that I'm not aware of?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Greetz

Edit: the light on the quadcore is breathing white.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 01:59:02 PM by BartKrap »

May 20, 2017, 02:23:55 PM
Reply #9

BartKrap

And I fixed it again. Maybe you should add something in the manual that goes as follows.

When not able to connect to the quadcore, change the ip settings in vManager from "static" to "DHCP".

May 22, 2017, 11:00:25 AM
Reply #10

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello BartKrap,

A QuadCore can be setup using 2 methods.

1. DHCP (red LED)
When using DHCP the QuadCore will request network information from your DHCP server. In most networks the router will act as a DHCP server. This mode has the advantage that there is almost no network configuration required. If you are using your QuadCore in a network which will always have a DHCP server then you can just use DHCP.

2. Static IP (white LED)
When the QuadCore uses a static IP the unit can work without a DHCP server or outside the range of the DHCP server. This mode does require that the user knows the network good enough to choose an available IP address and subnet mask for the QuadCore to use. This mode has the advantage that the QuadCore will keep the same IP address even when the unit has been powered off.

You can switch between the modes by pressing the reset button. Or you can hold the reset button down for a while. Which will reset the QuadCore's IP settings, to the static IP address 192.168.1.10 with the subnet mask 255.255.255.0.

The other way is to change the IP address is the vManager. The can be done by selecting the IP address in the properties (on the right) and clicking on the Change button.

I hope that this information can help you setup your QuadCore.

The vManager should always find the unit and be capable of changing the IP settings. For some reason this does not work for you. Maybe you can help me by explaining how you connect your QuadCore with your computer. Information like the IP settings of your router and computer. Are you using a wired or a wireless network. Other information about your network which may be helpful. You can use private messages for your network information if you do not want to share this with everyone.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk