Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Cuelux Pro Difficulties  (Read 2735 times)

January 17, 2018, 08:31:19 PM
Read 2735 times

acolyteled

Hi,

I am trying to control a single roll of addressable RGBW LED tape light using a Quadcore and Cuelux Pro. I have read the tutorial and the manual trying to figure out how to use the software but I haven't been able to get the tape light actually lit or seemingly control it in any way. Everything is wired and hooked up correctly. Could somebody please give me a very basic and generic procedure from the beginning on what needs to be done in order to control the lights in the most fundamental way?

Thank you very much.

January 18, 2018, 09:34:54 AM
Reply #1

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello Acolyteled,

The first thing you will want to do is to open the Page, Universe screen of CueluxPro. By default there are two universe. Here you can add more universe if needed. A QuadCore has the capacity for 4 universes. Then you will have to set the outlet to a universe on the QuadCore. And set Master to Yes.

At this point CueluxPro will have taken control of the QuadCore.

Then you can open the Patch, Fixture screen. Here you can add the fixtures you have. For example a number of Generic RGBW fixtures. And set there addresses.

Then you can open the status screen. Select a number of fixtures. Change some values in the programmer. (The part at the bottom left of CueluxPro.) Which should light up your fixtures.

I hope this was helpful.

Best regards,
Guido Visser
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

January 29, 2018, 08:23:55 PM
Reply #2

acolyteled

Thank you for the advice.

I've gone through the steps that you said but still cannot get the lights to light up. The outlet in the universe page is set to the DMX port that is connected to the lights and my fixture is correctly patched as a generic RGBW. Nothing happens as I adjust the faders in the programming area. Please let me know how I should proceed.

Thanks again.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 09:32:26 PM by acolyteled »

January 29, 2018, 09:34:14 PM
Reply #3

acolyteled

I am attaching screenshots of my CueluxPro screen for reference.

Thanks.

January 30, 2018, 08:50:50 AM
Reply #4

Michael Chiou

• Visual Productions
Hello @Acolyteled,

I see that you have patched Port A, is the RGBW LED tape connected to port A?

Greetings,

Michael.
Michael Chiou
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk