Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: GPI to DMX signal  (Read 5352 times)

July 12, 2017, 02:19:09 PM
Reply #15

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello Tizianos,

I have tried it as well and can confirm that there is a problem. You may have found a bug which I will need to look into a bit more. As soon as I know more about the second channel getting stuck I will let you know. I hope to have a solution near the end of next week.

Next to this bug I would like to ask you to set your dimmers in an 8 bit mode. Because setting two channels to the same value does not make a fade more smooth. Yes you will use 16 bit but you will not get a 16 bit effect this way.

The string used in the task "core-dmx-1=" is a string which is implemented in the API of the CueCore2. The CueCore2 will response to specific messages. The API does not have a message to control multiple channels. Because you should be able to send multiple messages. However because of a bug in the IoCore this does not work. A list of the commands supported by the CueCore2 can be found in the manual of the CueCore2. Except for the "core-dmx-1=<interger>" and "core-hello" because these commands where added after the manual was created. (We will update the manual.)

About the playback and track programming. The CueCore2 only has 6 playbacks. And a maximum of 128 tracks. If you want to control 52 lights individual using switches. I think you will not have enough tracks and playbacks, to control everything individually.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

July 12, 2017, 02:31:37 PM
Reply #16

tizianos

Hello Tizianos,

I have tried it as well and can confirm that there is a problem. You may have found a bug which I will need to look into a bit more. As soon as I know more about the second channel getting stuck I will let you know. I hope to have a solution near the end of next week.

Next to this bug I would like to ask you to set your dimmers in an 8 bit mode. Because setting two channels to the same value does not make a fade more smooth. Yes you will use 16 bit but you will not get a 16 bit effect this way.

The string used in the task "core-dmx-1=" is a string which is implemented in the API of the CueCore2. The CueCore2 will response to specific messages. The API does not have a message to control multiple channels. Because you should be able to send multiple messages. However because of a bug in the IoCore this does not work. A list of the commands supported by the CueCore2 can be found in the manual of the CueCore2. Except for the "core-dmx-1=<interger>" and "core-hello" because these commands where added after the manual was created. (We will update the manual.)

About the playback and track programming. The CueCore2 only has 6 playbacks. And a maximum of 128 tracks. If you want to control 52 lights individual using switches. I think you will not have enough tracks and playbacks, to control everything individually.

Best regards,
Guido

I cannot believe that  ;D the problem is that I'm on site now and I have to program all the devices in this week. I'll give a try with the tracks and playbacks.
in this moment I programmed all the tracks and stored in the playbacks. Now I'm doing the osc message from IoCore to CC2. I'll alternate OSC message and UDP message due to the action list limitation. I hope in the future will be no limitation on the action because I think this is crazy.
regards,
tiziano.

July 12, 2017, 03:04:42 PM
Reply #17

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello Tizianos,
The API was created to get around this limit. That is why many commonly used things are in the API. For example the "core-pb-1-go+" which will advance a playback.

The limit of actions is there for technical reasons.

I am very curious how you are setting up your setup using playbacks and tracks.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

July 12, 2017, 03:18:28 PM
Reply #18

tizianos

dear guido,
see below in red.

Hello Tizianos,
The API was created to get around this limit. That is why many commonly used things are in the API. For example the "core-pb-1-go+" which will advance a playback.

I need to get this instruction: transport-> jump-> PB1 T5
and the other instruction: transport-> release-> PB1
I cannot find it in the API.

The limit of actions is there for technical reasons.

I am very curious how you are setting up your setup using playbacks and tracks.
I send two OSC messages (one for ON, one for OFF) to the CC2 that receive that and if is ON, it jumps to a track, if it is OFF, it release the specific playback. at the moment I've 3 IoCore with 16 osc message for each one, and the other 3 IoCore with UDP message to trigger the PB. I'm missing the last IoCore where I need your help for the right API (see above)

Best regards,
Guido

July 12, 2017, 03:36:20 PM
Reply #19

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello Tizianos,

The message for releasing a playback is "core-pb-1-release".

There is no API message to jump to a specific cue or track within a playback. So you will have to create an action in show control of the CueCore2.

If you have an action in the UDP or OSC action list you can set the trigger value to a string of your liking.
For example "pb1-jump". Make sure every action has a different string.
Add a task playback -> Jump -> Control.
Set param 1 to the playback you want to control with this task.
Now send a message from the IoCore with the string "pb1-jump=<cue number>".

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

July 12, 2017, 03:44:19 PM
Reply #20

tizianos

dear guido,
I don't understand what you mean. see below in red.

Hello Tizianos,

The message for releasing a playback is "core-pb-1-release". ok, noted.

There is no API message to jump to a specific cue or track within a playback. So you will have to create an action in show control of the CueCore2.

If you have an action in the UDP or OSC action list you can set the trigger value to a string of your liking.
I don't understand this part. Should I add a task from UDP sources? see attachment.

Best regards,
Guido

July 12, 2017, 04:09:01 PM
Reply #21

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello Tizianos,

What I see in your image is a CueCore2, with a UDP action, with the trigger value "pb1-jump", with the task Playback -> Jump -> Control. Exactly as I had described.

The above is done. As I can see in you image.
I don't understand this part. Should I add a task from UDP sources? see attachment.

Now you can add a task in a GPI action in show control of the IoCore to start the playback. This task should send a UDP message "pb1-jump=<cue number>" for example "pb1-jump=1".

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

July 12, 2017, 04:44:13 PM
Reply #22

tizianos

dear guido,
I'll continue with the osc message because this method does not work.  8)
just for who come after me on this issue, please find attached 2 screenshot, like this it does not work but I'm sure that I'm doing something wrong on the IC side. let me know  8)
thanks for your time and your attention,
regards,

July 12, 2017, 05:16:25 PM
Reply #23

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello Tizianos,

In your "gpi action on iocore.png" image you should set the feature to Send String and the function to Set.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

July 13, 2017, 10:04:42 AM
Reply #24

tizianos

Hello Tizianos,

In your "gpi action on iocore.png" image you should set the feature to Send String and the function to Set.

Best regards,
Guido

hi guido,
I'm trying the feature as you explained but it does not work. can you help me?
see screenshot.
regards,

tiziano

July 13, 2017, 12:25:30 PM
Reply #25

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello Tizianos,

The string "pb1-jump=<cue number>" uses an equals sign in between jump and the cue number. The equals sign = is actually hard to see using the font on our fourm.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

July 13, 2017, 06:47:59 PM
Reply #26

tizianos

Hello Tizianos,

The string "pb1-jump=<cue number>" uses an equals sign in between jump and the cue number. The equals sign = is actually hard to see using the font on our fourm.

Best regards,
Guido

thank you guido. the equals sign was the problem.
regards

July 18, 2017, 02:03:36 PM
Reply #27

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello Tizianos,

I'm testing the programming now and I see that if I try to fade 2 channells togheter with the same variables, I get 1 channel with the fade and the other one is stuck at 1% and when the other reach the 100%, the channel goes to the 100% without fading.

I have send you an e-mail with a new firmware. This version should solve the second channel getting stuck problem.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk