Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: CueCore2 startup action not working  (Read 2116 times)

July 10, 2017, 11:07:45 AM
Read 2116 times

Kn00t

Have a cuecore2 with a few gpi buttons installed.
Every night power to the whole building goes off, and customer wants Playback 1 Cue 1 to start when power goes on in the morning
.I've made a System-Action-Startup-Playback-Inverse Control-1, and it works when I hit Execute.
But on startup nothing happens.
I've tried a bunch of other startup actions as well, but none work..

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 12:19:56 PM by ljos »

July 10, 2017, 11:11:07 AM
Reply #1

Kn00t

And, the box loses track of time with every boot.

July 10, 2017, 01:50:12 PM
Reply #2

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello ljos,

To start with you startup problem. The execute button on the web page generates two events. A pressed event (high value) and a released event (low value). The Inverse Control will invert the value. High will be low and visa versa. Some task use a high value to "start". The release event (low value) is the last event from the execute button. But with the inverted control it is a high value. And therefore starts the playback.

The Startup event only generates a high value event. The inverted control changes this into a low value which releases the playback.

To resolve this please use the task Playback -> Transport -> Jump or Playback -> Jump -> Set. This action will start a cue when activated. This task does not use the control value. It just starts the cue.

There was a time problem with the firmware version you are using this has been resolved with version firmware version 1.15 and up. To resolve this you will have to upgrade the firmware of your unit. Currently the only available version with the solution is in a Beta stage. A work around is to disable day light saving time or to use a time server.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

July 10, 2017, 11:08:00 PM
Reply #3

Kn00t

Hi , thx for the quick response!
I will try to turn off daylight saving, as the unit is locked inside a mine 200m underground, no time server anywhere. If that doesn't help I'll try and update.

I believe I tested the Playback -> Transport -> Jump when I was in there working, but no luck.
My GPI buttons are set to
Trigger Flank "Change", for Playback / Playstate / Inverted Control (Param1:)
Can this create a problem for the startup sequence?

July 11, 2017, 09:20:20 AM
Reply #4

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello ljos,

If the trigger flank of the GPI action is set to change and you use the task Playback -> Playstate -> Inverted Control. It will release the playback when you press the button. And it will start the playback when you release the button.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

July 11, 2017, 11:21:49 AM
Reply #5

Kn00t

Guido, thanks for all help!
Changed the buttons to your suggestion (Down), updated the CueCore, turned off daylight saving, and now everything just works.

Thanks again!

Best,

Pekka

July 11, 2017, 11:30:24 AM
Reply #6

Zoë Castle

• Visual Productions
    • http://www.visualproductions.nl
Hi Pekka

Glad to read you and Guido got this sorted smoothly.  Reading that it is 200m down a mine I wonder if there are photo opportunities for the lit areas!

If so I would love to see details, you have my email :-)

Thank you and have a great day, greetings Zoë
Zoë Castle
Sales Manager
Visual Productions BV

July 11, 2017, 03:29:08 PM
Reply #7

Kn00t

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk