Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Generic Midi Map  (Read 3899 times)

July 12, 2017, 05:31:45 AM
Read 3899 times

doug4747

I am trying to control my Emulation software for mac through Ableton Live 9.  Is there a map somewhere that lets me be able to advance to a certain cue via a midi note?  For example, if I want to fire cue 1 in list 4, then cue 2 in list 4, etc, what are the midi notes to do that?

Alternatively, is there a map created to ProPresenter 6?

July 12, 2017, 08:25:15 AM
Reply #1

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
You can find al the informations to create your own midimap file in the midi api:
http://forum.visualproductions.nl/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1685.0;attach=1969

But i don't understand how you want to link emulation and proPresenter 6?? :o
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 11:12:12 AM by Bootsy van der Zande »
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

July 14, 2017, 04:59:28 PM
Reply #2

Klaus

Sorry, I just checked and it seems to be corrupt again…
Klaus

July 18, 2017, 01:19:38 PM
Reply #3

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
Sorry, I just checked and it seems to be corrupt again…
Klaus
yes you are right, sorry, it's fixed now... ;)
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

August 02, 2017, 05:26:33 AM
Reply #4

doug4747

I am a little bit of a novice when it comes to midi programing.  I see the document, but I am not sure how to interpret it.  Is there a way to say that a specific not at a specific intensity does a specific task inside of emulation?

August 02, 2017, 08:55:37 AM
Reply #5

Michael Chiou

• Visual Productions
Hello @doug4747,

You cannot map specific behaviour to controls. But what you describing can be achieved with Show Control on CueluxPro.

Greetings,

Michael.
Michael Chiou
Visual Productions BV

August 03, 2017, 05:22:04 AM
Reply #6

doug4747

so if I set the "map" to "M-audio X-session pro", I have determined that control key 58 will let me advance a cue. I then set up an IAC driver in Ableton to bus 3 (so as to not interfere with bus 1 for internal ableton controls, 2 for pro presenter (this may not be necessary but it made sense to me), and if I record a midi note for control key 58, it seems to work. I am at home currently but I will test it out with the rig at church tomorrow. I am sure there is a cleaner way to do this, but if this works, that's all I need at this point:-)

Is there a tutorial that will help me translate the XML code that I am seeing?  For instance.  if I could have C1 correspond to Fader 1, and then tell D1 to be the "Go" button for that cue list, and then just work my way up for each bank, that would be great.  Our show is not that intense, we just go from cue to cue.  But at the same time, if leaning to work with XML is going to require a ton of work, may not be worth the return on the investment of time.

August 03, 2017, 08:43:15 AM
Reply #7

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
the easiest way is to use a midi sniffer software like midiox on pc for exemple that will let you know with midi message is sent when you press any key of your midi controller.
Once you know the midi mapping of your controller you can just create a custom user midi map that fill fit exactly your expectations. The easiest way is always to start from an existing file, or the generic midimap file or the factory midimap of your midi controller.
The way the midimap xml file is done is quite easy to understand:
Code: [Select]
                <action>
                    <trigger type="Midi" specifier="Change">Channel 0 - Message 9 - Index 64</trigger>
                    <tasks>
                        <task type="Playback Direct Fader 1" feature="ButtonPrimair" function="Control"/>
                    </tasks>
                </action>
Trigger type:you never change it
Specifier: can be down, up or change depending of when you want the action to occurs
Channel X -Message X -Index X : that's the information you get from the midi sniffer
Task type this is what you want cuelux to do when it receives the midi message, you get the list of actions cuelux can do from this document: Midi API
I hope this will help you  ;)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 02:55:02 PM by Bootsy van der Zande »
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk