Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: OSC send to HOG4  (Read 2915 times)

August 29, 2014, 10:31:10 AM
Read 2915 times

PSH

Hello!

We are using the BStation to trigger a Hog4 remotely. Therefore we wanted to send OSC commands.
The Hog expects something like

/ hog / hardware / go / master 1 / 1

But somehow I seem to fail to find the right command in the BStation; I guessed OSC Send String, but the string is limited to 14 characters?

So, how do I get the command to the Hog?

Thank you - Philipp

August 29, 2014, 10:46:08 AM
Reply #1

Zoë Castle

• Visual Productions
    • http://www.visualproductions.nl
Hi Phillipp

Unfortunately for you, the string length is fixed.  It cannot be lengthened.

Not a useful answer I know, sorry!  However I will ask if someone from our Distributor can contact you to discus further programming options for you. 
No one from my technical team is in the office today and although I know the answer to your direct question, I do not know what alternatives there maybe available to you, in order to continuing programming!

Thank you and you should hear directly from someone shortly.

greetings Zoe

Zoë Castle
Sales Manager
Visual Productions BV

August 17, 2017, 11:50:57 AM
Reply #2

Zmorris

Hi Zoe, I'm also having this problem.  Has this been resolved?  The B-Station manual says the OSC commands have a max length of 25 characters, but I can't seem to get the software to accept anything longer than 14.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Zack

August 17, 2017, 02:41:04 PM
Reply #3

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello Zmorris,

The B-Station should be capable of sending a OSC message with an address of 25 characters. However there seems to be a problem which results in a address of 21 characters. I have put this on the todo list.

However your B-Station can not send an OSC address longer then 14 characters. Is it possible that you have an older firmware in your B-Station. If this is the case please make a backup of you B-Station and upgrade it to version 1.28.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk