Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Startup on last cue  (Read 1800 times)

September 04, 2017, 02:01:58 PM
Read 1800 times

Kn00t

My customer would like the CueCore2 to start on the last playback and cue they  triggered before shutdown.
Is that possible?

(The installation power is cut 12 hours every night)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 02:15:00 PM by ljos »

September 05, 2017, 09:19:28 AM
Reply #1

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello ljos,

There is a way to save the last active cue of a playback. And start it when you power up the unit.

Save the cue
In show control you can use the Playback action list to get information about the playbacks. An action with the trigger type CueIndex and trigger value set to the index of the playback. Will execute the task when a cue is started. If you add a task to this action "Variable -> Set Value -> Control" then the index of the cue would get saved in the variable.

Start up
When the unit is turned on we will refresh the variable. The causes it to trigger. An action in the action list System can get triggered on start up. If you add the task "Variable Refresh All" this will refresh all variables. This causes all the variable to execute there actions. Which we can use in the next step.

Starting the Cue
In the Variable action list you can get the value saved in the variable. Which we can use to start the cue of a playback. You can start a cue using the task "Playback -> Jump -> Control".

If you need to save the cues of multiple playbacks you will have to repeat the three steps a few times.

Tip: If you save the cues of multiple playbacks you will need to use multiple variables. I would suggest to keep the variable index the same as the playback index. Playback 1 will use variable 1 and playback 2 will use variable 2.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

September 09, 2017, 12:19:12 PM
Reply #2

Kn00t

Thanks for good info! Will try asap.

Only one playback will play at a time, but it can be any of the 6 available ones

September 11, 2017, 11:08:26 AM
Reply #3

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello ljos,

If you do not use all playbacks all the time then you may have to change some actions and tasks.
I have made some print screens to help you setup the actions and task in show control. Which will allow you to start the same cue of the same playback after start up.

Please note that some tasks have to be executed in order. Please see the print screens.

You will have to create the action and tasks in release_cue.png, Start_cue.png, Sace_cue.png and Save_released.png for every playback.

In the images i have linked playback 1 with variable 1. For playback 2 you will have to use another variable for example variable 2. And for playback 3 variable 3.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk