Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: turn things on and off with one GPI input  (Read 1876 times)

October 16, 2017, 10:18:26 PM
Read 1876 times

marck

Hi,

I want to use a IoCore to turn on and off a projector and lower and rise a projection screen
But I want only use one switch for it (one GPI input)
The projector is controlled with Art-Net and the screen is controlled with GPO pulses (one GPO is used for UP and one is used for DOWN)

With the CueCore 2 I want to do something similar with lighting, first press means lights on, second press means ligts off.
How to achieve this?

October 17, 2017, 11:37:23 AM
Reply #1

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello Marck,

It is possible in both the CueCore2 and IoCore. However the way you will have to configure the unit depends on the type of switch you have. Is your switch latching?

What you will have to do is get two events. This can be done by creating 2 actions. One of the actions is going to turn on the projector and lower the projection screen. And the other action will turn the projector off and rise the projection screen.

Latching switch
If you have a latching switch. Add two actions to the GPI actionlist. Then you can get the two events using the trigger flank of the actions. Set the trigger flank of one action to Up and in the other action set it to Down.

Then add the tasks to control the GPO (IoCore only) and Art-Net.

Momentary switch
If you have a momentary switch you will have to create a toggle system inside show control. This can be done using the task "Variable -> Set Value -> Toggle".
Set param1 to 1. And set param2 to 1.
This task will get toggle a variable between 0 and the value of param2.

And the getting the two events using two actions in the variable action list. Set the trigger type to variable 1. Press the learn button to get the trigger value. When the learn button lights up press your switch. And set the trigger flank to Down (IoCore) or Equal (CueCore2).

Then add the tasks to control the GPO (IoCore only) and Art-Net.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

October 17, 2017, 03:16:17 PM
Reply #2

marck

Thanks for the reply.

The switches we use are momentary.
The strange thing is, I'm not getting the toggle function to work.
Here is what I did in the IoCore
In the SHOW CONTROL window I added a GPI in the action list and added one action for that.
In that GPI action I have set it to "listen" to GPI1, added a Variable, Feature is Set Value, Function is Toggle, Param1 is 1, Param2 is 1

After that I added a Variable in the SHOW CONTROL window Action list
For that I've added 2 Actions
The first action:
Set the Trigger type to Variable 1 and then pressed the Learn button and connected the Ground of the GPI ports to GPI 1
After that I've set the trigger flank to Down
I've added a task to turn ON relai 2

The second action:
Set the Trigger type to Variable 1 and then pressed the Learn button and connected the Ground of the GPI ports to GPI 1
After that I've set the trigger flank to Down
I've added a task to turn OFF relai 2

But it won't work
The strange thing is, it doesn't seem to toggle
I've tried to set the Param2 to 4 and then i've used the learn function again in both the Variable actions
I've noticed that both actions recored 4 from the learn function

Oh and a litte sidenote
With the IoCore in the SHOW CONTROL window I can only see one action in the ACTIONS list, It worked before, I allready tried multiple explorers,

October 17, 2017, 03:40:24 PM
Reply #3

marck

I've just talked to Mischa and it's working now.

In the GPI action it is important to set the TRIGGER FLANK to DOWN.

About the browser, pressing CTRL+F5 did the trick.

October 17, 2017, 03:42:10 PM
Reply #4

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello Marck,

I am happy you have found the solution with the help of our distributor.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk