Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Discover port on vManager  (Read 1975 times)

November 15, 2017, 01:14:45 PM
Read 1975 times

alefur

Hi,

simple question, wich TCP or UDP port is used to discover the Cuecore2 with vManager software or with CueluxPro to see Cuecore who are connected?
Is it a special protocol or only a simple known one with a dedicated port used on it?

Best regards
Anthony

November 15, 2017, 02:39:54 PM
Reply #1

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello Alefur

There are two systems used to discover a unit. One is a broadcast message from the CueCore2 to port 16945. And the other is a broadcast message from the vManager and CueluxPro to port 16945. Which the CueCore2 then response to with a unicast message. All messages are UDP messages.

May I ask what you are trying to create?

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

November 15, 2017, 04:42:38 PM
Reply #2

alefur

Hello Guido,

thanks for your answer.

I'm trying to setup a VPN network with few cuecore and 4G/LTE router over a city but I need to unlock this port on the firewall if I want to monitor all the cuecore from a central site with vManager or Cuelux Pro.

We already have 4 cuecore connected on a city and the next step is to interconnect them to receive udp message from a central site and start the same scenario in the same time.

I will try to continue with your informations.

Best regards

November 16, 2017, 11:38:59 AM
Reply #3

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello Alefur

That sounds like an interesting project. Good luck!

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

December 11, 2017, 12:33:19 PM
Reply #4

alefur

Hello Guido,

is it possible to add an option on Cuelux Pro and vManager to manually discover/search the networked devices?

I have this option on other controler and I can manually add with an IP address or a dyndns address to be connected to remote devices.
Do you know what I mean?

That will allow Cuelux Pro or vManager to be controlled easily over the internet network instead of being connected on local network.

Best regards

December 12, 2017, 10:16:37 AM
Reply #5

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello Alefur

We have that functionality on the wish-list. However we do not have a date when we will add it.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk