Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Midi from Dj mixer to Cue-core  (Read 2483 times)

March 03, 2018, 04:28:41 PM
Read 2483 times

Ap-gruppen

Hello Visual production

Is it possible to use the midi out from my dj mixer, to sync the BPM in cuelux pro, and how ? I'm using a cue core

Hope you can help me out.

Thanks

Alexander

March 05, 2018, 10:39:30 AM
Reply #1

Michael Chiou

• Visual Productions
Hello Alexander,

Yes you can sync the BPM in CueluxPro, but you need to connect the midi output to the computer running CueluxPro, and select it as a midi input.
When the MIDI Input device youve selected in the MIDI Options sends out MIDI Clock messages, the Tempo will be automatically locked to the MIDI Clock tempo. This allows exact tempo matching when controlling CueluxPro from sequencer software for example at a concert.
In order for the tempo to be controlled by the MIDI Clock, the display should be set to ’midi’ mode. Press the TEMPO button for more than one second to switch to ’midi’ mode. Press the TEMPO again to switch back to ’manual’ mode.

Greetings,

Michael.
Michael Chiou
Visual Productions BV

March 05, 2018, 12:00:22 PM
Reply #2

Ap-gruppen

Thank you for your help.

Am I able to use the midi input in the cue core, or does it have to be a midi to usb interface ? Some interface you recommend ?

March 05, 2018, 12:16:26 PM
Reply #3

Michael Chiou

• Visual Productions
Hello Alexander,

Yes, it will need to be a midi to usb cable. We do not have a recommend it cable, it should work with any standard ones.

Greetings,

Michael
Michael Chiou
Visual Productions BV

March 05, 2018, 06:37:28 PM
Reply #4

Ap-gruppen

Allright  :D

Can you tell me what to do know. I have installed the midi interface and chosen the midi interface as input, sending midi signal to the interface, and i have changed tempo to midi.

Do i have to change Map to something specifik, or do I have to change anything in the timecode menu ??

March 07, 2018, 09:54:15 AM
Reply #5

Michael Chiou

• Visual Productions
Hello Alexander,

You have to select the midi device that sends the midi clock signal in the options. Please also refer to the Manual for CueluxPro which is available in our download page.

do I have to change anything in the timecode menu ??

Do you have a timecode source or do you wanna use the internal timeline?

Greetings,

Michael
Michael Chiou
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk