Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Urgent: Problem with Midi controllers  (Read 3487 times)

December 20, 2017, 06:15:16 AM
Read 3487 times

MylesAway

• Down at the RadioShack
    • instagram
Hello, I have a show on Friday in which I have opted to use Cuelux Pro. I have installed version 1.4.31 on my Mac which is running OSX 10.13.2. I have ordered a Launchpad MK2 and Behringer X-Touch Compact, both should be here tomorrow. I was trying to get a head start with programming and tried both my Launchpad (original) and APCmini, on the Launchpad only some of the buttons work and they don’t work as listed in the manual, on the APCmini nothing works other than the 9 sliders. What am I doing wrong? How do I fix this issue?

Thank you!

December 22, 2017, 10:02:33 AM
Reply #1

Michael Chiou

• Visual Productions
Hello @MilesAway,

We do not have the Launchpad MK2 or APCmini here to test for ourselves but what seams to be the problem with X-Touch Compact?

I have attached an image of the midi map for the X-Tocuh Compact and how it is meant to work.

Greetings,

Michael
Michael Chiou
Visual Productions BV

December 22, 2017, 07:38:15 PM
Reply #2

MylesAway

• Down at the RadioShack
    • instagram
The x-touch seems to work as it is programmed to but I cannot access banks 2-8 on playback faders or playback buttons, either in Cuelux Pro or through midi controllers, I can’t find an image for the launchpad mk2 so I am not sure how it’s mapped, but 80% of the buttons appear to have no actions in Cuelux Pro.

Thanks for the reply!

December 23, 2017, 07:20:23 AM
Reply #3

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
If you still have your apc mini you can use the included midimap witch is working fine... ;)
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

December 23, 2017, 10:42:57 AM
Reply #4

MylesAway

• Down at the RadioShack
    • instagram
The APCmini was the first thing I tried with Cuelux Pro, none of the 8x8 playback buttons worked, only the 9 playback faders would work. I will try it again tomorrow with the file you have provided. For this show I was forced to go back to using Cuelux (non-Pro). Which still has freezing issues on 1.3.96 and version 1.3.97 won’t fully start.

Thanks for the reply
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 10:46:02 AM by MylesAway »

December 23, 2017, 10:54:24 AM
Reply #5

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
I used the midimap i sent you yesterday without any trouble...
You will have the 64 buttons, all faders the buttons over the faders are flash buttons ( use the fader start function).
You get global fader and blackout, the 4 buttons over flack out are fader and button bank up and down and the 1st button at the top is tempo tap and second is break...and do not remember the others... One is release and i don't know the other one..
enjoy
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

December 23, 2017, 11:03:15 AM
Reply #6

MylesAway

• Down at the RadioShack
    • instagram
What version of Cuelux Pro are you using? On what platform? I don’t have playback faders or buttons beyond bank 1. Clicking the up and down arrows has no effect, it remains on Bank 1. I just tested the file you sent, none of the 64 buttons work, the round buttons on the side don't work with the exception of the bottom one above blackout, it works as Release, other than that only the faders and flash buttons work. I’ve tested it on 2 macs, both have the same issues.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 09:15:50 PM by MylesAway »

December 24, 2017, 05:25:01 AM
Reply #7

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
From what you say, i think you are not ursing the right midimap file, because the round button above the suqare black out  should not be "release"....
You have to put the file i gave you to user/visualproductions/cueluxpro/midimaps/user/
then in cuelux pro Select the [User]ApcMini
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

December 24, 2017, 05:32:57 AM
Reply #8

MylesAway

• Down at the RadioShack
    • instagram
That’s where I put the file and I selected the [user] map in settings. Regardless I don’t want to use the APCmini, I want to use the X-touch and Launchpad MK2. I need playback banks 2-8 to be accessible in Cuelux Pro to use it, I can’t get away with only 16 playbacks. Is there download access to previous versions? Maybe one of the previous version will work better? Is there a image file for the Launchpad MK2 mapping with Cuelux actions overlayed?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 06:33:31 AM by MylesAway »

January 02, 2018, 09:10:10 AM
Reply #9

Michael Chiou

• Visual Productions
Hello @MylesAway,

Unfortunately we do not have a Launchpad MK2 here in the office so we haven't made a mapped image yet. I have added it on the list.

Until we address the issue, please consider using this version of the midi map: http://www.visualproductions.nl/forum/index.php?topic=4136.msg14114#msg14114

Greetings,

Michael.
Michael Chiou
Visual Productions BV

March 12, 2018, 09:54:40 PM
Reply #10

ljack

Hello @Michael Chiou,

any news about the Launchpad MK2 midimap?
So far I use the existing midimap, but it is a real pain, since the colours used by Cuelux are really close together.
It is nearly impossible to see the difference between an active, halted or inactive Cuelist.
Also the groups are not lit at all, as are the stacks.
It would be great, if the lights on the Launchpad MK2 (which is able to display any desired colour) would match the lights of the Cuelux software buttons (red, green, yellow, orange, blue, pink).

It would be even better, if there was an "empty"midimap, so that one could create and choose all those settings yourself.
I have played around a lot with the Cuelux midimaps, but unfortunately there is no way to react via MIDI to the state that Cuelux is currently in, since it doesn't output a "clean" MIDI signal.
So what I would wish for (and what would save you the hassle to do it all by yourself) would be a file, that includes all possible triggers (go buttons, faders,...) with all possible states (play, halt, release, etc) which are then matched to a MIDI command.
Right now, you don't output the status as an event that one could react to in the midimap, so it's not possible to map (for example) the colour changes on the Launchpad, when the status changes. I also did not find out, how to send velocity information via the Cuelux midimap (which is used to trigger the colours on the Launchpad...).

Sorry for the long post, but I would really appreciate if you could respond to this issue!
Thanks in advance!
Jakob  8)

P.S.: I completely forgot, I am using Cuelux (not Pro), but I am assuming that the midimaps are the same?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 09:56:22 PM by ljack »

March 15, 2018, 08:21:50 AM
Reply #11

Michael Chiou

• Visual Productions
Hello @Jakob,

I am sorry for the delayed answer. Unfortunately we don't have the Launchpad Mk2 here in the office, to make the midi map. I will try to make a file with most of the commands you can use, but you can also find most of them on the already existing midi maps. I think some bigger midi controllers like Midicon Pro cover most of the commands.

Greetings,

Michael.
Michael Chiou
Visual Productions BV

March 16, 2018, 12:05:30 AM
Reply #12

MylesAway

• Down at the RadioShack
    • instagram
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 12:09:47 AM by MylesAway »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk