Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Number of dongles on CANVIX  (Read 5466 times)

May 25, 2007, 12:23:50 PM
Read 5466 times

Movingheadquarters

• Movingheadquarters - Holland
Dear Maarten,

I have had a look at the canvix leaflet, it state max ouput dmx channels 4096 (8 universes) is this a maximum border or will there be in future release be an expansion in universes.

Current project will feature 70 square meters RGB tiles of TDE (7rows*10tiles) this will occupy at least 7 universes. I experience only that projects will keep on growing in universes. The rental company's love to rent out the complete stock at good prices but, as a operator we have to keep up, and projecting twice the same output on the floor is not allways accepted anymore.

see also topic future dongles
Best Regards,

Movingheadquarters - Holland

May 28, 2007, 04:13:33 PM
Reply #1

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
Hi Hugo,

Indeed, the current capacity of Canvix is 8 universes. This is our initial specification and is expected to be extended in the future.

The number of 8 is based on fact that at the moment Canvix works with DMX Output devices connected via the USB port. For a number of technical and practical  reasons we regards 8 units as the maximum you can connect at the same time. This configuration has been tested several times on live events, by both users and our own staff.

To increase the number of outputs it is necessary to have more efficient ways of outputting the DMX data. One way of doing this is to start using art-net. Canvix is expected to become art-net enabled by September '07.

I suggest I'll keep you posted on the progress in this area as it might be very usefull for you applications as well.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

October 11, 2007, 08:47:40 PM
Reply #2

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
Art-Net is now available.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

October 16, 2007, 03:55:27 PM
Reply #3

chrismegginson

Hi,
Have just installed the Canvix software onto the windows partition of my macbook pro, canvix launches, gets as far as saying 'done' then shuts again. what am I doing wrong ?

Cheers

Chris

October 17, 2007, 10:38:25 AM
Reply #4

Jeroen van der Velden

• http://www.visualproductions.nl
Hi Chris,

We don't have experience with running Canvix on an Apple computer running Mac OS and Windows using Bootcamp. I would suggest installing and trying the software on a normal PC to make sure everything works OK.

We can have a look at your problem when you send the STDOUT.TXT-file and - if the file exists - the STDERR.TXT-file to the e-mail address support AT visualproductions.nl . You can find these files in the Canvix directory.

Regards,

Jeroen
Jeroen van der Velden
Moving light operator

October 18, 2007, 06:00:36 PM
Reply #5

chrismegginson

Hi,

have e-mailed those files to support@visualproductions.nl, also installed on an actual pc and seems to work fine

Cheers

Chris Megginson

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk