Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Stacking chases using actions  (Read 14369 times)

October 29, 2007, 09:09:44 AM
Read 14369 times

bart sliggers

Topic title says it all.
I know you can stack chases in 'normal' mode, using the <ctrl> button.
But I can't get this to work using visual-touch.
For example, how do make an action with a color-chase that doesn't stop a movement-chase already running on that fixture ?

October 29, 2007, 01:47:55 PM
Reply #1

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
Hi Bart,

Let's asume you're using version 1.48 b11.

You can add multiple 'tasks' to one 'action'. When set to the 'Sequence' task-type, each task can trigger its own sequence. This is how you can start multiple sequences from a single action.

Things to consider:
-  disable the 'run exclusive' option in your action
- use sequences that do not overlap attributes; all attributes are LTP in VisualDMX: the second sequence will simply disable (the overlapping attributes in) the first sequence.

good luck
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

October 31, 2007, 08:44:52 PM
Reply #2

bart sliggers

Thanks, that worked.
But now I got stucked with an action with a colour attribute, that doesn't overwrite a colour sequence.

A fixture that has a colour chase running on it, does not react when an action attributes a colour over it.

Also pars with a shutter chase running on it, does not stop when an action attributes a shutter 'on' over it.

Strange thing is, that in 'manual' mode this *does* work.

Some thing else:
If I want one action that runs chase 1 on team 1 and  chase 2 on team 2.
If I understand it right, that is not possible, you have to make a link to another action that starts chase 2 on team 2.
Is there a speacial kind of action that I could use for this purpose, with no link/trigger to it, but that could be called by other actions?

Also I don't really understand the layer1 actions.

November 01, 2007, 09:45:51 AM
Reply #3

Jeroen van der Velden

• http://www.visualproductions.nl
Hi Bart,

Thanks, that worked.
But now I got stucked with an action with a colour attribute, that doesn't overwrite a colour sequence.

A fixture that has a colour chase running on it, does not react when an action attributes a colour over it.

Also pars with a shutter chase running on it, does not stop when an action attributes a shutter 'on' over it.

Strange thing is, that in 'manual' mode this *does* work.

It seems to be a small bug in the latest release. We'll do a new beta-release ASAP with this bug fixed.

Some thing else:
If I want one action that runs chase 1 on team 1 and  chase 2 on team 2.
If I understand it right, that is not possible, you have to make a link to another action that starts chase 2 on team 2.
Is there a speacial kind of action that I could use for this purpose, with no link/trigger to it, but that could be called by other actions?

I would suggest to program it like this:
Actionlist: "Linked" (keyboard)
- Action: "Chase 1 on Team 1"  (don't set trigger)
- Action: "Chase 2 on Team 2" (don't set trigger)

Actionlist: "Touchscreen" (touchscreen)
- Action: "Chase 1 on Team 1 + Chase 2 on Team 2"
 >>> Task type Action - "Linked > Chase 1 on Team 1" (link)
 >>> Task type Action - "Linked > Chase 2 on Team 2" (link)

This way you can make a list with linked actions for use in actions that appear on touchscreen.

Also I don't really understand the layer1 actions.

Layer 1 actions are for the Matrix Mania. It's a simplified version of our software Canvix, which has 4 layers. The Matrix Mania has only 1.
Jeroen van der Velden
Moving light operator

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk