Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: CueCore2, convert sACN one channel to OSC send unsigned  (Read 2373 times)

January 15, 2018, 04:44:19 PM
Read 2373 times

StefanB.

Hello,
i try to convert one sACN Channel 10 (as Trigger) to an "OSC send unsigned".
But at the moment the sACN Priority and the received sACN Channel were convert into a OSC Send unsigned stream. I only need the sACN Channel.

Do you have an idea what the problem is?

The used Firmware in Cuecore 2 is V1.22.

Best regards,
Stefan

January 16, 2018, 11:55:56 AM
Reply #1

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello Stefan,

I am not sure what you have configured already but you would need the following on the show control page.

An action in the sACN action list.
This action has to have the trigger type Channel.
Trigger Value should be the channel you want. For example A.10 for channel 10 of the first universe or B.10 for channel 10 of the second universe.
Trigger flank set to Change.

And a task OSC -> Send unsigned -> Control.
Param 1 = the OSC URI.

On the settings page you have to do two things.
You will have to set the Universe you want to receive. And the destination IP. To indicate where to OSC messages should go to.

Best regards,
Guido Visser
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

January 16, 2018, 01:28:00 PM
Reply #2

StefanB.

Hello Guido,
thanks for your replay.

I made the configuration as you described.
sACN, Trigger flank set to Change.
A Task OSC -> Send unsigned -> Control
But the problem now is sending OSC Data Output are alternate sACN Channel 10 and sACN priority.
I only Need the sACN Channel 10 without the Priority.

The OSC Output Monitor Shows a continuous OSC sending alternate the received sACN Channel 10 and the sACN Priority.
Can i disable the sending of the sACN Priority in the OSC Sending stream?

Regards
Stefan

January 16, 2018, 03:30:02 PM
Reply #3

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello Stefan,

I do not know what you meant by:
The OSC Output Monitor Shows a continuous OSC sending alternate the received sACN Channel 10 and the sACN Priority.
Does the OSC message have a changing value while the sACN channel does not?

Can i disable the sending of the sACN Priority in the OSC Sending stream?
I am not sure what sACN Priority is? But the CueCore2 does not have to send sACN.

On the settings page in the sACN block there are two fields per universe. Input which is used to indicate which universe is received. Enter a number between 1-63999. And the other field is output which is used to indicate to which universe the CueCore2 should send sACN. Enter a number between 1-63999 or off to disable output.

Original Question
Maybe I have not understood your original question. Do you want to translate one channel from an incoming sACN universe to OSC?

Best regards,
Guido Visser
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

January 16, 2018, 04:40:06 PM
Reply #4

StefanB.

Hello Guido,
[Does the OSC message have a changing value while the sACN channel does not?/quote]   Yes, this is what i mean! The sACN Value is not changing.

I attached some screenshots of my Cuocore setting and monitor.
In the Cuecore monitor you can see the changing arguments between 255 and 100 but there is nor sACN Value changing!

The original sending sACN Channel 10 is 255 and not 100. I find out that the argument 100 ist the sACN priority from sACN source.

Thanks and best regards,
Stefan

January 17, 2018, 10:17:34 AM
Reply #5

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello Stefan,

Is it possible that you have multiple sACN sources? Or that your one source which updates its output very often?
The monitor page can show you the received sACN inputs. However the web interface only gets refreshed 2 times per second.

If you have multiple sources or one fast switching source the update may not be visible on the monitor page. Show control will see all changes and send out an OSC message if the value changed.

To eliminate the possibility of multiple sources you could try to disable one source. The RX: sACN label at the bottom of the web interface should get dark, within 5 seconds if no sACN is received. And will stay white if it is received.

If you are sure that there is only one sACN source and there is no changes in the sACN channel please tell me.

Best regards,
Guido Visser
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

January 17, 2018, 11:24:39 AM
Reply #6

StefanB.

Hello Guido,
i send only one sACN Source. The source come from the sACN_View Tool.
I attached the sACN View Setting. The first red circle is the sACN priority with value 100, the other sACN Channel number 10 with value 255.

I think there is a Problem with the sACN Receiving.
Can you check this? 

Best regards,
Stefan

January 17, 2018, 03:13:13 PM
Reply #7

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello Stefan,

What happens if you change the priority to 101. Does the OSC message change between 101 and 255 after the change?

I have seen that you have wireshark. Can you send me a few sACN messages. (Only sACN messages) This could help me finding the problem.

Best regards,
Guido Visser
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

January 17, 2018, 03:51:17 PM
Reply #8

StefanB.

Hello Guido,
yes it changes between 101 and 255.
i have changed the priority to 101 and the Monitor Show the received Value 101 and 255.
Attached is a screenshot of the Cuecore Monitor and sACN Source.
Additional I do a record with wireshark to pcapng file. I hope you can use it.

Best regards,
Stefan

January 17, 2018, 05:45:40 PM
Reply #9

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello Stefan,

It seems that your sACN tool is sending the value 101 on all channels every so often. Seen in your wireshark file in the following packets: 23, 57, 91, 125, etc...

Unless I have overlooked something I can not help you with this. Except for asking you to use a different sACN tool.

Best regards,
Guido Visser
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk