Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Control the LPU2 with Cuelux  (Read 1870 times)

January 27, 2018, 01:00:27 PM
Read 1870 times

fabianroos

This might be a stupid question but after reading the manual I just can't seem to get this right. Can I the way I control the LPU2 with the Cuety app on iPad wirelessly control it with Cuelux on my pc? The thing is this, i want to control a fixture that uses sub-fixtures, which isn't supported by Cuety. So I wonder, is it possible to program scenes with subfixtures in Cuelux and then use touchosc on an iPad to launch the scenes, even if Cuelux isn't running?

Thanks for any help.
Fabian

January 27, 2018, 04:38:57 PM
Reply #1

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
I am sorry but this is not possible, cuelux need a computer to run, but you can use the cuety remote to trigger the playbacks...
On teh other side it's not possible to use cuelux to program the lpu2.
If you want to use fixtures with subfixtures the best is to assign each subfixture as a fixture...
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

January 29, 2018, 09:13:35 AM
Reply #2

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello Fabianroos,

Alternatively you can use a CueCore2 or QuadCore. They can be programed with CueluxPro. Which support sub-fixtures. You can save the content on a CueCore2 or QuadCore. And then use something like Kiosc or TouchOSC on an iPad to launch the scenes.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

February 02, 2018, 08:27:10 AM
Reply #3

fabianroos

Hi, thanks for the response! Just to clarify, if I'm gonna use all the subfixtures as separate ones as you said, can it be custom programmed in cuety on the iPad or do I need to prepare them in vManager and then export it to the lpu2?
Thanks

February 02, 2018, 09:18:05 AM
Reply #4

Michael Chiou

• Visual Productions
Hello @fabianroos,

The way you Patch subfixtures is by Patching generic fixtures in the corresponding address of the subfixture. To give you a small example: If you have a Fixture with 2 sub fixtures and each sub fixtures has only RGB channels, then you can just patch 2 Generic RGB fixtures.
I hope this helps you get started, furthermore I would recommend that you check our online tutorials for further undressing Cuety.

Link: http://www.visualproductions.nl/forum/index.php?topic=4436.0

Greetings,

Michael.
Michael Chiou
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk