Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Using the UDP API on B-Station  (Read 2230 times)

January 29, 2018, 09:23:49 PM
Read 2230 times

theoholloway

Hi All -

I'm using the UDP API to control various things on a handful of ioCore2s and B-Stations; it's mostly working, but I can't seem to control the LED intensity on the buttons. I've tried:

core-ld-1=1.0
core-ld-1=100.0
core-ld-1=1f
core-ld-1=100%
...and various other combinations to no avail. Note that core-blink is working.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Theo.

January 30, 2018, 10:58:30 AM
Reply #1

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello Theo,

You are using the right message. (core-ld-1=0.0  core-ld-1=1.0)

There seems to be a bug in the API of the B-Station. For messages to the LED and Buttons via UDP. There are decoded wrongly. This will be fixed in the next version.

A workaround until the new version is, to add it in show control your self. I have attached a image with an example for LED 1.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

February 01, 2018, 12:04:56 PM
Reply #2

theoholloway

Hi Guido -

Thanks for getting back to me! So, in the case illustrated by your picture, could I then send any command in the format core-ld-1=[some float 0-1] to set the level? Or do I need a unique UDP string for each target level?

I'm trying to keep the bstations and iocores we're using as generic as possible, as we're using quite a few - is there any reason I can't copy and paste the Show Control portion of the backup xml files between units to clone functionality?

Cheers,

Theo.

February 01, 2018, 12:05:41 PM
Reply #3

theoholloway

Oh - and do you have any idea of a timeline for the bugfix?

Thanks!

February 01, 2018, 02:12:18 PM
Reply #4

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello Theo,

The trigger "core-ld-1" will take all messages for LED 1. For LED 2 you will have to create another action with the trigger "core-ld-2".

I would advice to use it with a float value. Something like 0.0  0.1  0.2  0.3  0.4. Because when the API gets fixed it will "claim" these messages. And the API will expect these values. If you use this now and later you update your B-Station. The rest of your setup will keep on working.

Backup editing
The vManager saves your backups in the XML format. If you want you can open these files using a basic text editor. Please note you have to use a text editor which does not add extra information to the file. Something like Notepad is fine.

When in the file look for a line that starts with <show_control>. Then copy everything in-between <show_control> and </show_control>. And past it in another backup file where its show control is saved.

If you only want to copy the UDP source copy everything in-between <actionlist enabled="true" source="UDP"> and the next </actionlist>. And past it in another backup file within the show control section.

Next version
There is no date for it at the moment. And unfortunately I do not think it is going to happen soon. If this is a problem for you I can ask to increase the priority. (No promise that it will then go fast.)

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

February 27, 2019, 09:43:58 PM
Reply #5

theoholloway

Hi Guido -

Back again with a new show! Do you know if the bug we discussed above has been squashed?

Thanks,

T.

February 28, 2019, 09:19:22 AM
Reply #6

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hello Theo,

I just tested this for you using UDP. I've tried core-ld-01-flash=1 and core-ld-02=0.5 and both seem to be doing their job.

Greetings,
Bootsy

February 28, 2019, 01:58:43 PM
Reply #7

theoholloway

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk