Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Cuelux v1.4.01 Beta  (Read 2715 times)

September 24, 2018, 09:30:44 AM
Reply #15

Zoë Castle

• http://www.visualproductions.nl
Hi Klaus

I am really sorry for your frustration but as my colleague Michael has tried to explain, we are not able to support some older operating systems because Ubutunu, Windows & Mac technologies have advanced to newer standards.

Due to programming restrictions and support from Mac, Windows and Ubuntu we can only support and develop on the following now:

Mac OS: from version 10.9 is supported
Windows OS: Cuelux runs on Windows 7 (windows 8 is no longer supported by Microsoft) and Cuelux runs on Windows 10
Ubuntu version 18.04 supports only 64 bit so Cuelux can only run on this. We still support some of the older official Ubuntu versions however we have never directly developed on or supported Ubuntu Studio.

On the ftp server, as Michael has pointed out, we have a museum folder to offer some options for customers running older or alternative equipment.

Thank you in advance we hope you find a good solution!

Greetings Zoë
Zoë Castle
Sales Manager
Visual Productions BV

September 25, 2018, 08:35:13 PM
Reply #16

Klaus

Ubuntustudio 18.... IS available 32 bit ! just to mention again

Klaus

September 26, 2018, 09:13:44 AM
Reply #17

Michael Chiou

• Visual Productions
Hello Klaus,

Ubuntu studio is not Ubuntu. It is a different Operating system based on Ubuntu, we officially support Ubuntu, if you wish to try it on an other Ubuntu based operating system you are more than welcome but we do not officially support it.

I hope these information were helpful.

Greetings,
Michael.
Michael Chiou
Visual Productions BV

September 26, 2018, 09:43:22 PM
Reply #18

Klaus

You support Ubuntu  64 bit...with the newer versions Cuelux if I understand that right.
You may know also the ways to create a Ubuntu 32 bit  - 18.xxxx
as is explained also on the internet
but this is to much for me at the moment anyway

Best
Klaus
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 10:37:41 PM by Klaus »

September 27, 2018, 09:25:48 AM
Reply #19

Michael Chiou

• Visual Productions
Hello @Klaus,

I understand your frustration, but please consider that there are hundreds of Linux Distribution Systems. It is impossible for us to support hundreds of different systems. For that reason we try to support one of the most popular Linux distributions, Ubuntu. Ubuntu, and the Canonical (the team behind Ubuntu) are developing Snap, a universal way to distribute you application to multiple Distributions Systems and not just Ubuntu. This is where the focus of Visual Productions regarding the Linux releases, is right now. To adapt the way we distribute our applications for Linux to Snap.
I hope this information were helpful, and I am sorry for your inconvenience.

Greetings,
Michael.
Michael Chiou
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk