Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Some functions that I really really miss....  (Read 2316 times)

May 06, 2018, 04:50:30 PM
Read 2316 times

Spikkelpaard

Hi y'all,

I have some fixed installations that are controlled with a iPad+Cuety, and after programming and reprogramming I would love to see some functions added:
a UNDO button when you make an mistake, especially when programming moving heads and your stylus sweeps a millimeter to far right you have both X&Y points in the downright corner an can start all over again...
a ZOOM function for the movement and faders, it's horror to program 32 moving heads with 5x5cm space for your way to big stylus and it's very hard to set the faders precise if you want a specific value.
a ALTER function for cue's so I can change just 1 lamps position without having to set the whole scene again, this seems to be impossible, edit a cue always starts with either nothing or the last set scene, but once stored it's impossible to alter a cue...
Last but not least, a SAVE AS function so I can save my current show with another name, fumble around with that one and leave the original intact.

Hoping to see these functions implemented in an update, enjoy the weekend!
grtz
Michiel

May 07, 2018, 08:47:02 AM
Reply #1

Michael Chiou

• Visual Productions
Hello @Spikkelpaard,

Thank you for your feedback. Zoom functionality is already in the wish-list, and I just added the undo as. For your 2 other requests I have an alternative or a way for you to make it work.

Alter: You can always select a cue that you have recorded and press "Load". That Will load the current content of the cue, giving you the opportunity to make changes and then just record over it.

Save As: You already use this functionality, by  added a new file, and saving in it. the each save file will contain the content of the current state.

I hope this information is helpful.

Greetings,

Michael.
Michael Chiou
Visual Productions BV

June 12, 2018, 05:54:58 PM
Reply #2

zulautholger

Hey there,

I have some points for the wishlist too:
- it would be great to have blackout-button, in best case switchable between toggle and flash
- a release-all button or a lock-function for the release button so you can release multiple playbacks

It would be great if you could implement these fuctions and the ones from the threadstarter in an upcoming version.

Thank you!

June 13, 2018, 08:54:00 AM
Reply #3

Michael Chiou

• Visual Productions
Hello @ zulautholger,

There is a blackout button, its just a bit hidden. If you press the logo of Visual Productions. then you enable the blackout and the logo will start to blink red.

For releasing all playbacks you just have to press and hold the release button a few seconds.

I hope this information are helpful, I would also recommend that you check our manual for Cuety.

Grettings,

Michael.
Michael Chiou
Visual Productions BV

June 18, 2018, 08:53:45 PM
Reply #4

Spikkelpaard

Hello @Spikkelpaard,
I hope this information is helpful.

Greetings,

Michael.

Sorry for the latye reply and thank you very much, the workarounds are really helpful;!

June 19, 2018, 08:49:30 AM
Reply #5

Michael Chiou

• Visual Productions
Hello @Spikkelpaard,

Glad to hear that it worked out!

Greetings,

Michael.
Michael Chiou
Visual Productions BV

October 01, 2018, 11:45:58 PM
Reply #6

Spikkelpaard

a ZOOM function for the movement and faders, it's horror to program 32 moving heads with 5x5cm space for your way to big stylus and it's very hard to set the faders precise if you want a specific value.

Hi, in addition to this, 2 things would be really helpful;l, first is the fontsize of the readings below the faders in the edit page, sometimes I really need slow and the difference between 4and 5 is everything, now imagine reading this number, below a fader, with your bulky stylus above and every picometer is 2 or 3 digits up, which brings to idea two, a pop up nummerical thingy in which you can type the value instead of doing it with your stylus or worse, your finger . ;)

October 02, 2018, 08:55:10 AM
Reply #7

Michael Chiou

• Visual Productions
Hello @Spikkelpaard,

I can imagine it is more difficult for some users to access those faders. We do have an item on our list to come up with a solution that fits the Cuety design and appeals to the users, but we currently don't have an ETA for that.
Nevertheless, please keep updating when you see an update available, and check the change log in case we quietly addressed it.

Greetings,
Michael.
Michael Chiou
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk