Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: GPI and Proximity sensor  (Read 3566 times)

February 06, 2020, 03:15:51 PM
Reply #15

Manu608

Here you GO

E2B-M12KS04-WP-B1 2M

there is nothing in front of the sensor it's laying on the table. i did test with a piece on metal in front of it and the reading go up to 98%

Thank you

February 06, 2020, 04:02:45 PM
Reply #16

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

I see you connected it as I think you should. So the black wires should act as a 'Normally Open' and a 'Normally Closed' connection.
The sensor's power supply is rated 10-30 volts. Perhaps the 10 volts from the IoCore is not enough... You can try it with a 12 volt power supply, perhaps that makes a difference. Please make sure that you don't put a high voltage on the IoCore, so measure first what voltages come out of the sensor before connecting. Start with a 12v because this is probably safe for the IoCore.

So it should work with the outputs of the IoCore set to digital. But if above fails, you can try it with analogue. If you use it with the 10 volts as shown in the video we can set the calibration from 96% to 98% I guess... you will have to set the range to 0x3D6 - 0x3EA.
So for gpi1 that would be:
 <gpi index="1" calibration="[0x3D6,0x3EA]">analog</gpi>

Then try the sensor with and without a piece of metal right in front of it.

Are these sensors expensive? If you want you can ship us one, and I'll have a look if we can get it working.

Greetings,
Bootsy

February 06, 2020, 04:24:04 PM
Reply #17

Manu608

Hey Bootsy,

On site i did put a 12v powersupply but actually for testing purpose at the office i am using the 10v pin

here a picture of the setup...

i might be able to send you one let me check if my supplier is already on is way for ISE

February 06, 2020, 04:51:13 PM
Reply #18

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

Yeah I would think that should work... Strange.

Are you coming to ISE? We have a booth there of course.

Greetings,
Bootsy

February 06, 2020, 05:06:48 PM
Reply #19

Manu608

So What i did is

i join 2 video on wetransfer

I put my Com on the  negative on the GPI and then the volt on the second  screw of the terminal (Port 1) and i got 10V on my reading and the sensor had nothing in front of it. i remove the black wire from the Terminal leave it on the multimeter so I had a reading 0.002-0.004 mV  and when i activated the sensor i had a 9.45 V reading i don't know what to think.

By the same time I've done another test. I connect a 12v powersupply  did the same test but not on the cuecore2. So i connect a terminal DC on the sensor then connect my multimetter go 0.000mv and when I triggered it i got 11.xxV so i connect it to the GPI and did the test so when the sensor is not activated i got 1.xxxx mV so connect on the GPI terminal of the cuecore2 I got some '' pollution ''

and still the cuecore still reading as there is some volt in and go between 0 @ 100% and on digital I put my action at channel flank down and nothing happening...  with my signal(1@ 4) for the port

https://we.tl/b-8ENsqFAZje

February 06, 2020, 05:11:45 PM
Reply #20

Manu608

I won't be there but i could ask my friend they are having a booth there so maybe they can bring it to one of your rep

February 07, 2020, 09:38:14 AM
Reply #21

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

I saw the email, so that will be taken care of at ISE.

I have to do the buildup at ISE today and Monday, and will be at the booth the rest of the week. So I will be a bit busy...

Regarding the tests you sent, it all looks like it should be working with the CueCore's GPI... Perhaps something strange is going on, or perhaps something is broken. We'll see when I test it here. I will keep you informed!

Greetings,
Bootsy

February 18, 2020, 10:29:56 AM
Reply #22

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

So I got the sensor, and was able to solve it by adding a resistor between the GPI pin and the ground, as shown in the picture. I used a 5k resistor, but it doesn't really matter that much what you use I guess. (You might want to connect it a bit nicer than I did though!)
This will give me a nice 0% and 90% between activating and deactivating the sensor. Using calibrate you can make this 0% and 100%.

The reason for this is that using analogue input the GPI pin is floating. When on Digital instead of analogue we pull the GPI pin up (So you can short circuit the pin with ground for a trigger). But because the sensor pulls the pin up as well, this won't work together. That's why we need to use analogue for this sensor.

I will also send you an email with this answer.

Greetings,
Bootsy

February 27, 2020, 04:20:42 PM
Reply #23

Manu608

Hey !

I did a little box fill with epoxy i will install it on Monday, I try it with my demo and it worked well

Thank you for your time

February 28, 2020, 10:33:52 AM
Reply #24

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

That's great! If you ever need more help, feel free to ask.

Greetings,
Bootsy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk