Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Re: QuadCore reboot action/setting/option  (Read 1675 times)

July 30, 2020, 03:27:41 PM
Read 1675 times

b.stroop

i would just like to add some more information for this issue.
we have been in contact with FullAVL which is our distributor

we have the very same issue as explained here by the other user.
but we do have some more observations.

we also sometimes get partial lock ups as well as full lock ups were the web interface works but TCP messages are no longer received.
we have seen a pattern of this happening when the cuecore receives a lot TCP packets with malformed data, at least that is what is looks like.
during those lockups UDP messages still get received

i hope this might help some

firmware version: 1.35
PCB version: 1.3

« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 03:30:24 PM by b.stroop »

July 30, 2020, 05:22:43 PM
Reply #1

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

Thank you very much for the info. I will make sure the developers will receive this. Can you tell me what the status LED does when there is a lockup? This can be very valuable information.

It would also help if you could share a backup file with us. You can email it to support (A) visualproductions.nl

Can you explain what messages you are sending to the device? Any API messages? Depending on how you programmed I can probably find out a lot using the backup file, but any extra information is very welcome.

Thanks! :)

Greetings,
Bootsy

August 03, 2020, 03:34:53 PM
Reply #2

b.stroop

the type of messages we are sending are just text like S11 or S12 or just a plain number of 1 to 14.
we are not sending any API messages.

our customer had an issue today, the cuecore was responding on its web interface but not receiving any more command for show control.
during this time the LED was blinking white.

after a restart the cuecore immediately started responding again.

i have just send the backup file in a email called: backup file for hang issue

August 03, 2020, 04:19:03 PM
Reply #3

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
I have received the backup file you sent, so far I don't see anything out of the ordinary. But all of the messages are UDP I see, you mentioned that the issues were with receiving TCP right?

Thank you for the info on the LED. I do have a follow up question on that... Normally the LED does a slow pulsing of either white (=static IP) or red (=DHCP). I'm curious, when this lock up happens... Does the LED still pulse smoothly, or does it go in steps? The LED pulsing is directly controlled by the CPU, so when something is going wrong in the device the LED might tell us if the CPU is (too) busy or not.

Regarding the customer with the CueCore2 you mentioned, how and what are they sending over TCP? How many messages are there being send, what kind of time interval, is the network shared with other devices?

Thank you for the info.

Greetings,
Bootsy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk