Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Control Christie projector and Atlona switch with RS232 IoCore  (Read 4090 times)

March 31, 2020, 01:29:46 PM
Reply #15

Dennis_mav

Hi Bootsy,

Off coarse I've tried it with only the projector command in a test action. But that also doesn't work.
I've tried it with a laptop with two different RS232 analyzer programs. That's works like a charm. I'm sending it with a RS232 PCI express card.
Is the normal setup the IoCore is connected with a 25m CAT5 SFTP cable. For the test we've also tried a direct short RS232 cable.

Dennis

March 31, 2020, 01:48:18 PM
Reply #16

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the extra info.

But as the command you are sending is meant for both devices, I wonder how you connected to them?

Did you try only connecting the christie projector directly to the IoCore2 and sending only the (PWR 1) command? Just checking to be sure...

Reading back again I see you have a 232 analyser. Perhaps you can analyse the working command from the laptop, then analyse the not working command from the IoCore2 and compare them. Can you share that with me?

Just trying to get the information to see whats wrong, If anything on our side needs fixing we'll be happy to of course... But we need to know why the projector is not responding to our message first.

Greetings,
Bootsy

March 31, 2020, 02:05:13 PM
Reply #17

Dennis_mav

Hi Bootsy,

In the normal setup I've hard wired the Atlona and the projector together in the IoCore output.
For the test we have wired the IoCore direct to the projector with a short cable. We have only send the (PWR 1) command. Still doesn't work...
I've also analyzed the signals and the difference. I'm not on location this week but I can tell you the only difference is the double sending command.
The strange thing it's only the On command. All others are working fine.

Dennis

April 01, 2020, 12:51:25 PM
Reply #18

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi Dennis,

That is pretty strange... How did you trigger the action/task when testing with the analyser? When using the 'Execute' button it will indeed send the command twice. Once when pressing the button, and once when releasing it.

You can trigger it manually only once, but it is a bit silly. You will have to make an action in the actionlist 'OSC', and put the triggerflank on 'Down'. Now you can add the task 'Action - Link - Set' and set parameter1 to execute your action which contains the RS232 message. Now you can press the execute button on the action (not on the task! You really have to select the action in the Showcontrol homepage and press execute there)

Normally your action is triggered via something else then the Execute button. You can then use the trigger flank if needed to make sure it triggers once. Depending on what triggers it. Most cases it will only trigger once anyway, unless your trigger sends an off value when released.

I hope this makes sense... Let me know if triggering it once instead of twice makes the difference.

Greetings,
Bootsy

April 01, 2020, 01:36:08 PM
Reply #19

Dennis_mav

Hi Bootsy,

I'm curious if this will work. I'll test it in the near future when I'm on location.
I'll let you know my findings.

The trigger comes from a touchscreen with a UDP command. So I can make this action with OSC.

Thank you!

Dennis

April 02, 2020, 11:11:54 AM
Reply #20

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi Dennis,

If you send only one command via UDP then it should only trigger once.

Let me know how it works out :)

Greetings,
Bootsy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk