Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Quadcore incomming osc command not registreted  (Read 1038 times)

September 07, 2018, 03:41:44 PM
Read 1038 times

SZ

Dear VisualP,

Past weeks we noticed a error with incomming OSC commands within the Quadcore.

Although the Bstation did send his OSC command /zlfull 2 times the Quadcore didnt registreted it. As shown in the pictures u can see in the outgoing OSC monitor of the Bstation 2 times /zlfull, but in the incomming OSC monitor of the quadcore only 1 time.
This is just 1 example.
This exact problem also occured between our IOCore2 and Quadcore.

Settings:
Quadcore: 192.168.101.230:8000
Bstation: 192.168.101.242:8000
Switch: Netgear GS108PP

Greetings,
Stefan

September 11, 2018, 09:02:29 AM
Reply #1

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello Stefan,

There is a limitation when sending messages from a B-Station.

The B-Station may not send some messages. If it does not know the MAC address of the destination. There are two things you can do to resolve this.

1. Send the OSC messages using a broadcast address.

2. Or make sure the B-Station knows about the QuadCore. By sending messages to it frequently. One message per 10 minutes should be fine. Which you can do using a timer in show control.

I hope this helps you.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

September 11, 2018, 07:32:01 PM
Reply #2

SZ

Hi Guido,

Ty for your reply.

When the B-Station decides not to send a message, will it still be displayed as sent in the OSC Out Monitor page? As shown in my added pictures in last post.

1. This means adding a addres to every single OSC command action?

2. Does this solution also apply for the IOCore2, wich i have the same problem with?

September 12, 2018, 09:22:55 AM
Reply #3

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello Stefan,

When the B-Station decides not to send a message, will it still be displayed as sent in the OSC Out Monitor page? As shown in my added pictures in last post.
Yes. Messages get added to the monitor page before they get send. Which can result in messages which did not get send to show up on the monitor page.

1. This means adding a addres to every single OSC command action?
You have two options.
1. Use a broadcast address. For example 255.255.255.255.
2. Or send a message every 10 minutes. This will make the B-Station know about its destination. And will allow it so send all the messages.
It is not an IP address problem. It is a problem with the MAC address. Which will be requested automatically. However the message will have been lost.

2. Does this solution also apply for the IOCore2, wich i have the same problem with?
The problem in the IoCore2 is different.
The IoCore2 can cache 1 message if it does not have the MAC address. This allows it to send the message after receiving the MAC address. If you try to send multiple messages in show control in a small amount of time. It will only cache 1 message and send it later.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

September 28, 2018, 10:22:41 AM
Reply #4

SZ

Since i start using a broadcast addres we haven't gotten a single problem yet. It seems to resolve both the B-Station and IoCore communication issues.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk