Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Bstation + cuecore2  (Read 2858 times)

September 16, 2018, 05:27:53 PM
Read 2858 times

Pustervik

Hello,
New to visuals (and lightning).
Trying to figure out a simple way to control the house/Disco lights at my club.
Thinking about running a couple of Bstations + cuecore2.
I’ve read the manuals and I think I’ve understood how to set up the bstation to control the cues in cue core, via show control.
A couple of questions.
1. The bstation can control 6 six cues in playback 1 in cuecore. Can I have cue 1; bar light, 2 room spots and so on and run these cues at the same time?
2, If I add more bstations, can I connect the second one to playback 2 in the cuecore and have it control six cues from playback 2, And have them all run at the same time?
3. Same question for playback 3 to 6?

Most grateful for any help, could not find the answer to these questions in the manual. Perhaps I’ve not read enough.

September 18, 2018, 10:39:47 AM
Reply #1

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello Pustervik,

The bstation can control 6 six cues in playback 1 in cuecore.
Yes. B-Station can control 6 cues of a playback in CueCore2.

Can I have cue 1; bar light, 2 room spots and so on and run these cues at the same time?
No. You can not run multiple cues at the same time. You can run multiple playbacks at the same time.

If I add more bstations, can I connect the second one to playback 2 in the cuecore and have it control six cues from playback 2,
Yes. You can have each B-Station control a different playback of the CueCore2.

Same question for playback 3 to 6?
The same applies here. You can have a B-Station to control any playback in the CueCore2. However only one cue per playback can be active at a time. Which allows you to have 6 active playbacks all with 1 active cue. For a total of 6 active cues.

In both B-Station and CueCore2 we have a system we call show control. Show control allows you to configure what a button of a B-Station should do. If you like to you can take a look at some of our units http://forum.visualproductions.nl/forum/index.php?topic=2487.0 .

But if I read you questions it seems as if you have a number of areas or zones. (Bar, room, etc...). And you would like to have a number of scenes per area. If you use a playback per area. You can use cues for the scenes of an area. And control the areas using a B-Station. Instead of having a cue for an area you would use a playback per area.

I hope this helps you.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

September 18, 2018, 05:49:15 PM
Reply #2

Pustervik

Hi Guido,
Thanks, I thinknI got it.
Got myself  a Cuecore 2 and a B-station.
Got It hooked up and the Bstatiln for the moment controls the playbacks in the Cuecore2. Great.

I have used cuelux pro to creste som static cues. Everything works great.

But as soon as I create a cue with any sort of FX and dump it into the Cuecore and play it from there, the FX are gone.

Is it somervinh I have misses to do?

Best regards

September 19, 2018, 09:08:48 AM
Reply #3

Pustervik

Hi again,
solved the problem with FX by dumping the cue to the recorder instead.
But how do I get a smoth loop?
Ï just had one moving light make an 8 and switch colours. At the end of each cycle the fixture resets and starts over?
Regards

September 19, 2018, 01:51:16 PM
Reply #4

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello Pustervik,

To get a smooth playback from CueluxPro to a CueCore2 you will have to do the following.

Create a playback with 1 cue. Make sure the cue condition is set to Halt. The cue can only have one FX. Then when you dump it it will create a smooth loop.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk